Very Upset with Carnival

pabride2007

I have just learned yesterday that my crusing date with carnival has been cancelled. We were supposed to be getting married on the Liberty - April 22, 2007. Carnival calls and leaves me a message that this sailing date has been cancelled. I booked this cruise back in September 2005. I already have 100 people planning to attend my wedding. Oh, they did give an alternate date for the Liberty which was April 8, 2007 which is Easter Sunday. If i take that date I will be loosing friends and some family that was attending. We are in talks with them about this, but has this happened to anyone else and if so what has the cruise line done for u. I understand it is next year but I already had 100 people who were booked and some paid already for this week. :( :(

Does Carnival have another ship sailing the week you were planning for? If traveling that week is important to you, why not consider sailing on another ship? Since Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are relatively close, I'll bet you have some options for sailings out of Miami.

I can certainly understand why you don't want to move the wedding to Easter Sunday. But since you still have quite a bit of time to plan, changing to another ship might still be do-able.

Really sorry to hear about Carnival. I think dcdiva had a good suggestion... It might be a good idea to find a ship sailing on the same day, leaving from a different port (hopefully close to your old port). I had a cruise that was cancelled one month before sailing. I had Carnival book me on a cruise leaving from another port close by for the same dates. Best wishes...really sorry to hear it...

Tami (also from PA)

We have now received notice from Carnival that they are now reconsidering their decision to cancel these sailing due to a lot of groups complaining because they were already booked on these cruises. So now I have to wait 2 weeks why they decided if they want to have them or not. I don't understand what the big decision is - u either are or not. why is two weeks needed to figure this out. So who knows at this point where my wedding is going to be. I will have to say though that the girl helping me with my wedding details has been very nice.

Archived