Mother's Day $25 deposit promo

rocklinmom

I'm seeing a special Mother's Day promo of $25pp deposit (refundable) for 2020 cruises as part of the current May sale.

I did a mock booking and the $25pp deposit is for the first two people in a cabin only, so $50 per cabin.  I am looking at Alaska 2020 but

it also shows for Japan and Europe cruises.  I can't figure out when this special expires, I'm guessing on Mother's Day the 12th.  This would

be a great deal for us with two cabins (only a $100 total deposit for five of us) so I am very tempted...

2 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I'm seeing a special Mother's Day promo of $25pp deposit (refundable) for 2020 cruises as part of the current May sale.

I did a mock booking and the $25pp deposit is for the first two people in a cabin only, so $50 per cabin.  I am looking at Alaska 2020 but

it also shows for Japan and Europe cruises.  I can't figure out when this special expires, I'm guessing on Mother's Day the 12th.  This would

be a great deal for us with two cabins (only a $100 total deposit for five of us) so I am very tempted...

Thru May 13 ... includes OBC and free grats

Yes I have to agree, I have been trying to plan an Alaskan cruise recently, and this refundable $25/deposit sealed the deal.  Along with the itinerary and room location we were hoping for just seemed like it was meant to be.  Happy Mother's Day to me!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abqmommyof4 said:

just  re booked  our alaska 2020 cruise, a little more in fare  cost,  but  gratuities included males it a no brainer

So we are new to booking with Princess, have been researching awhile now, and this did look like a good offer.  We don't normally get extra OBC or gratuities included when booking with Carnival.  But with the $25/deposit refundable, was hoping that this was a good offer.  Do you expect any price drops for an Alaskan cruise?  Of course I realize we would have to pay full deposit to make any changes.  When you say you re-booked did you have to cancel or just call for price adjustment?  Just curious how Princess works and if it is similar to Carnival.  I actually priced this same type of cruise through Carnival and it wasn't but around $300/pp difference.  Really looking forward to this cruise now!

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

So we are new to booking with Princess, have been researching awhile now, and this did look like a good offer.  We don't normally get extra OBC or gratuities included when booking with Carnival.  But with the $25/deposit refundable, was hoping that this was a good offer.  Do you expect any price drops for an Alaskan cruise?  Of course I realize we would have to pay full deposit to make any changes.  When you say you re-booked did you have to cancel or just call for price adjustment?  Just curious how Princess works and if it is similar to Carnival.  I actually priced this same type of cruise through Carnival and it wasn't but around $300/pp difference.  Really looking forward to this cruise now!

I  just  called  my Travel  Agent  and  she is  taking care of it

Im not  sure  about  any further  price  drops,  

Edited by abqmommyof4
adding a line of information

Yes you can always call Princess to refare later if the fare drops.  Your booking number and cabin stay the same.  You would lose your current perks though (grats, OBC, and the special $25pp deposit) and switch to whatever the promo is at that time.  I have done this many times.  Another good promo that comes around September is the 3 for Free, which is usually grats and OBC again.  So if your fare drops, you could rebook at the lower price and still keep similar perks.  Your deposit would go up to the usual deposit amount in that case. 

7 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Hi! I have had my Alaska cruise planned for 5/26 for well over a year now. I have watched prices and such since and the only time I saw a price drop was after final payment. Now, pending what kind of room you want or if you do not care, then there could be some great deals. Like for example I have a premium corner aft balcony (B4 I think) and right now I could get an actual window suite for the just about the same Price that we paid early last year (like early March 2018). We had a upsell offer for a mini suite, but they wanted $229 per person and that is when I went to compare prices and was like, man... oh well. I wanted the room we picked and was not giving that up 😉 The other thing, I really cannot see what the current rate for my current room would be, because they have been sold out for some time. lol 

Now I was able to change promos, but that was about $300 OBC per person to Free drink package, so we changed to that 😉 Because free drinks. The room rate did not change. 

1 hour ago, Katwoman007 said:

Hi! I have had my Alaska cruise planned for 5/26 for well over a year now. I have watched prices and such since and the only time I saw a price drop was after final payment. Now, pending what kind of room you want or if you do not care, then there could be some great deals. Like for example I have a premium corner aft balcony (B4 I think) and right now I could get an actual window suite for the just about the same Price that we paid early last year (like early March 2018). We had a upsell offer for a mini suite, but they wanted $229 per person and that is when I went to compare prices and was like, man... oh well. I wanted the room we picked and was not giving that up 😉 The other thing, I really cannot see what the current rate for my current room would be, because they have been sold out for some time. lol 

Now I was able to change promos, but that was about $300 OBC per person to Free drink package, so we changed to that 😉 Because free drinks. The room rate did not change. 

How ironic, we just booked a corner aft balcony also, next year for 5/23. We're on east coast, so this is a bucket list cruise for us, so we wanted an aft balcony.  I agree we booked for the cabin and room location and are happy with it.  We're not used to booking with these free promotions with Carnival, so this is good information to know and look out for.  Thanks again!