UBP Perk & Children under 13

Hello!  If we choose the UBP for our upcoming cruise, does this allow our kids (ages 9 & 11) to also get beverages?  The last 2 cruises that we took, we had the UBP and the kids automatically got sodas/smoothies or whatever they asked for.  We were in the Haven for those trips so I'm not sure if they got the drinks because of their age or our room type.  Thank you for sharing your experience!  

No, that is no longet the case. Guests 3&4 no longer receive anything when guests 1&2 have the beverage package.

However, a bartender may be nice and give a kid a soda but technically, there should be a charge if the kid doesn't have a beverage (soda) package.

Two Wheels is right ...... but ..... but that may depend on if you’re tipping a little cash with your drinks. On my 15 day Panama Canal cruise last month my 9 and 11 year old had no soda package or anything. I tipped $1 cash per adult drink and had several waiters who were walking the pool area taking orders appreciate those cash tips very much and got my kids whatever they wanted ..... Cash tips go a long ways, more then you may think. Take care of your bar staff and your kids may benefit ..... 

Edited by tallnthensome

We've done a couple of sailings where just me and my husband had the package. Whenever we ordered as a family - apart from one occasion - we were never charged for the kids drinks. This was a couple of years ago though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can you get 1 drink package. I only drink bottled water but my husband does have a few others. RCL last year if one person got the drink package then every adult had to get it 

On 5/9/2019 at 1:35 PM, noobcruiser said:

If you have the UBP, can't you get 2 drinks per keycard anyway? So with 2 cards, you could get 4 drinks?

as mentioned earlier the PBP is not transferrable and could result in the suspension or actual cancellation of your PBP.   If they allow soda it's not too far of a leap to justify getting someone a glass of wine or a beer 

4 hours ago, Jadii said:

Can you get 1 drink package. I only drink bottled water but my husband does have a few others. RCL last year if one person got the drink package then every adult had to get it 

If it’s being taken as a perk, guest 1 and 2 must have the same perk, but guests 3 and 4 do not have to have it. I believe that if it’s being purchased, everyone in the room must also purchase.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:33 PM, Savaann618 said:

Thank You!  i wasn't exactly sure what the rules were.  I'm water drinker so the beverage package isn't a good deal for me unless I can use it to get stuff for the kids!

Can you switch places on the booking with one of the kids so that they are the 2nd guest, if you aren’t going to use the package?

2 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Can you switch places on the booking with one of the kids so that they are the 2nd guest, if you aren’t going to use the package?

From my experience minors are always the 3rd and 4th person.  Every time I book with just me and my DD (12 years old) and then add someone to our cabin (an adult) my DD always automatically gets moved to the 3rd person. I doubt they would let you move a minor to the 2nd person or even if there is a way or them to do that.  

Since we are talking about 13 year olds, please allow me to briefly hijack the thread with a side question:

Has anyone found a way for a 13 YO (or younger) to use the NCL app for on-ship text/calling (paying the $10/day charge)?

We can install the app on his phone, but if we try to enter his information and our reservation number it says users must be 14+ to use the app.  

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, htnut said:

Since we are talking about 13 year olds, please allow me to briefly hijack the thread with a side question:

Has anyone found a way for a 13 YO (or younger) to use the NCL app for on-ship text/calling (paying the $10/day charge)?

We can install the app on his phone, but if we try to enter his information and our reservation number it says users must be 14+ to use the app.  

Thanks. 

Once on board, go to the Internet Cafe and have them activate it.  Parents \ Guardians may approve someone under 14 to use app but has to be done in person.

3 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Once on board, go to the Internet Cafe and have them activate it.  Parents \ Guardians may approve someone under 14 to use app but has to be done in person.

Perfect.  Thank you!