"Escape"ing to New England/Canada in September

A few questions about the New England/Canada itinerary on the Escape...

1) Restaurant suggestions for a steamed lobster dinner (not lobster roll) in both Portland and Halifax

2) I have seen dailies from last September and they had a 60's night dance party.  Is this somewhat common?  I bring 70' and 80's costumes and would love to participate in a 60's night as well.

3) Lunch menu for Wine Lovers The Musical?

4) Besides Choir of Man - Must see shows?  I have heard the comedians aren't really that good right now.  I have seen After Midnight on a previous sailing.  I always stop in at Howl at the Moon and the various musical entertainers around the ship.  I am wondering about the other Supper Club shows. 

5) Are their shows that I can see in the Supper Club at no charge (no meal)?

Thanks much!

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

So you're going to have a burger and fries in Bar Harbor, a wonderful steamed lobster and full-belly fried clams town?

We booked a tour that includes lunch in Bar Harbor so we are all good there.  I have been researching on my own but I wondered what my fellow "cruise critic"ers had for suggestions. :-)

As far as lobster in the Portland area I'd recommend "The Lobster Shack at Two Lights" in Cape Elizabeth.  Food is good and the views are fantastic (they are right on the ocean).  Take a look at their website and you'll see what I mean.  They're about a 25 minute car ride from Portland so not sure if that would work for you but it looks like you're docked there most of the day so doable time wise but maybe a little pricey to get there and back, would have to look into that.

There are plenty of places in the Old Port area near the cruise terminal to eat lobster but I don't have any experience with them other than "DiMillo's on the Water" and I'd not recommend anyone to go there.  I won't go into details but after 2 bad experiences there a few years ago I swore never to go back.  

Hope that helps a little!

I know O.P. has lunch covered in Bar Harbor, but in case anyone else is interested, try the West St. Cafe. It is just a couple of blocks from the port (across the street from Olli's Trolley pick-up & drop off point.)

For about $25,00 you get lobster, fries, slaw and blueberry pie. Great bargain! Good food!

If you take the trolley through the park, ask the driver to tell you the Martha Stewart story.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, josephmz said:

I know O.P. has lunch covered in Bar Harbor, but in case anyone else is interested, try the West St. Cafe. It is just a couple of blocks from the port (across the street from Olli's Trolley pick-up & drop off point.)

For about $25,00 you get lobster, fries, slaw and blueberry pie. Great bargain! Good food!

If you take the trolley through the park, ask the driver to tell you the Martha Stewart story.

I'm on the June 8th NE cruise on Dawn..Thanks for the tip !! I love me some Lobster

2 hours ago, sun_lovin!1 said:

A few questions about the New England/Canada itinerary on the Escape...

1) Restaurant suggestions for a steamed lobster dinner (not lobster roll) in both Portland and Halifax

2) I have seen dailies from last September and they had a 60's night dance party.  Is this somewhat common?  I bring 70' and 80's costumes and would love to participate in a 60's night as well.

3) Lunch menu for Wine Lovers The Musical?

4) Besides Choir of Man - Must see shows?  I have heard the comedians aren't really that good right now.  I have seen After Midnight on a previous sailing.  I always stop in at Howl at the Moon and the various musical entertainers around the ship.  I am wondering about the other Supper Club shows. 

5) Are their shows that I can see in the Supper Club at no charge (no meal)?

Thanks much!

You'd likely have more luck posting the food questions in the Port of Call section

My wife had the best lobster she ever had at the Waterfront Warehouse in Halifax 2 years ago.  It wasn’t cheap.  The smallest lobster they had that day was 2 lbs.  

The only port she didn’t have a whole lobster was Portland.  She did have an “out of this world” lobster roll in Portland at Eventide Oyster Company.

2 hours ago, rtcuse said:

My wife had the best lobster she ever had at the Waterfront Warehouse in Halifax 2 years ago.  It wasn’t cheap.  The smallest lobster they had that day was 2 lbs.  

The only port she didn’t have a whole lobster was Portland.  She did have an “out of this world” lobster roll in Portland at Eventide Oyster Company.

In Portland I had a lobster roll at McDonalds, yeppers good stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, spethstation said:

As a native Haligonian, you should try Salty's, McKelvie's, or the Five Fisherman in Halifax for seafood!

Thank you!  I will put those suggestions in my folder!!

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:15 PM, sun_lovin!1 said:

We booked a tour that includes lunch in Bar Harbor so we are all good there.  I have been researching on my own but I wondered what my fellow "cruise critic"ers had for suggestions. 🙂

If you did the "small group" tour in Bar Harbor that is 14 ppl, the lunch is at a restaurant in town by the ship and is very "seafood" oriented with great food.

We are newbies cruising in that direction in September. After countless warm weather NCL's.

Giving up dolphins for whales & bathingsuits/flipflops for jackets/sneakers.

Going for some lobster !!!! Forgetting D.D. ice coffee in Nassau for some hot coffee in Halifax