Photo Packages

I'm really confused about the photo packages.  We have four people in our stateroom.  It looks like the charge is per person for the package.  What photos are included?  For example:  if one person purchases the package are photos with others included?   If so, how many others?  We have 19 people in our family group.  How do we get photos with everyone?  Does the person who purchased the photo package need to be in every photo?   We are going to want a formal group photo of all 19 family members.  Is this included?   The photo package details are very vague.  Any help posters can provide would be greatly appreciated.

There should only be one charge that covers all guests in the stateroom.

Any photo that includes at least one guest from that primary stateroom will be included.  Additionally, the package will include any photo that contains a minor child (no matter what stateroom) of one of the guests in the primary stateroom.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

There should only be one charge that covers all guests in the stateroom.

Any photo that includes at least one guest from that primary stateroom will be included.  Additionally, the package will include any photo that contains a minor child (no matter what stateroom) of one of the guests in the primary stateroom.

It's not just their minors, it's any of their children under 21 years of age.  That was my concern about included my 19 year old but someone posted a picture of the photo prices from Grandeur and that's what it said in fine print at the bottom.  Hopefully that doesn't vary by ship.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

It's not just their minors, it's any of their children under 21 years of age.  That was my concern about included my 19 year old but someone posted a picture of the photo prices from Grandeur and that's what it said in fine print at the bottom.  Hopefully that doesn't vary by ship.

Thanks for the update.  I thought the age of the children had to be under 18, but all the better if they can be under 21.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for the update.  I thought the age of the children had to be under 18, but all the better if they can be under 21.

Anytime....I'll be sailing soon (114 days and counting) and will update you on any changes I notice.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, Mr. Candyman said:

Hello! I am sailing on Allure this month, and we have three rooms.  I called Royal a few minutes ago, and was told I would have to purchase a digital photo package ($250 per room) for each room, even though there were children under 21 in all of the rooms.  Should I call back?  The person I spoke to did not seem familiar with the fine print, but she told me she double-checked the rules.  The description of the photo package says nothing about children in other rooms.  Is this an unspoken rule, or has anyone seen it in writing?

Room 1: Myself and 14 year-old

Room 2: My husband and 16 year-old

Room 3: Our 20 year-old and 17-year old

7 minutes ago, casone said:

Hello! I am sailing on Allure this month, and we have three rooms.  I called Royal a few minutes ago, and was told I would have to purchase a digital photo package ($250 per room) for each room, even though there were children under 21 in all of the rooms.  Should I call back?  The person I spoke to did not seem familiar with the fine print, but she told me she double-checked the rules.  The description of the photo package says nothing about children in other rooms.  Is this an unspoken rule, or has anyone seen it in writing?

The problem is the distribution of people in the rooms. 

If one person buys a photo package, that package covers any photo in which someone in that stateroom appears, and any minor (under 18) children of anyone in that stateroom. 

If you want to buy only one package, and you are in room 1, then make sure every photo has either you or any of your minor (under 18) children in the photo.

14 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The problem is the distribution of people in the rooms. 

If one person buys a photo package, that package covers any photo in which someone in that stateroom appears, and any minor (under 18) children of anyone in that stateroom. 

If you want to buy only one package, and you are in room 1, then make sure every photo has either you or any of your minor (under 18) children in the photo.

Thank you for the information.  I am not sure why Royal told me differently. It seems like a great deal for $250, but not such a great deal for $750!  I assume $250 is as good as it gets, since we sail on 7/28/19.  

Thanks for this info as I had been looking for it. We are sailing on the Allure this Sunday and I also have minor children in another cabin which had me worried about including them after reading the wording of the package details online. I was going to wait and talk to photo person onboard before ordering the digital package but I think I can go ahead and do it now based on the FAQ link shown here!

5 minutes ago, casone said:

Thank you for the information.  I am not sure why Royal told me differently. It seems like a great deal for $250, but not such a great deal for $750!  I assume $250 is as good as it gets, since we sail on 7/28/19.  

I could not tell you if $250 is as good as it gets, nor do I know if they offer better deals onboard.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, casone said:

You don't have to purchase it for each stateroom.  As stated on the photo company's website, it will include any of your children under the ages of 21 even being in different staterooms. You just need to go to the Photo Focus desk once onboard and have all the rooms linked.  The problem that you have is you and your husband are in different cabins.  If you purchase the package under your name, your husband has to make sure he is in a picture with any one of the other family members.  If you purchase the package under your husband's name, then you have to make sure you are in a picture with any one of the other family members.  It might be a slight pain but definitely doable.   

Edited by Mr. Candyman

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I could not tell you if $250 is as good as it gets, nor do I know if they offer better deals onboard.

I haven't gotten my hands on an on-board price list for Allure yet, but $250 is what I figured it would cost pre-purchased.  I'm unsure that if found cheaper on-board, they would refund the difference.    

• Thanks 1

Just got off Freedom June 30.  I pre-purchased the $199 all print package for the 13 of us sailing in the Villa suite.  Every print picture taken of any of us were included in the package.  If you purchase one package for room 1 and you and the 14 year old are in pictures for with those booked in room 2 and room 3, the pictures should be included in your package.  My only caution is keep track your pictures as we had to request reprint of pictures we knew were taken but we couldn't find.  At the end of the week, we had close to two hundred pictures taken.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mchin said:
4 hours ago, mchin said:

My only caution is keep track your pictures as we had to request reprint of pictures we knew were taken but we couldn't find.  

Good advice!  We are just off Adventure and we had to constantly go to the desk to find our pictures.  They were never in my package (Adventure doesn't print them out, not sure about other ships, They are all on the Kiosk).  This really wasted a lot of time.  Some of my pictures never showed up at all - I am still in communication with both Royal and the photo company trying to solve this but it doesn't look good.  We did go to the desk and go through the pics with a staff member and they still didn't show up.