Has anyone ever received emails from RCL about a booking that doesn't exist?

Hey guys.

I've been getting a few emails from the royalcaribbeanmarketing.com about "don't forget to buy your drink packages" and "don't forget to book your excursions" for a cruise that we don't have booked.

There's even one that says "Thank you for booking" etc. from April 20th.

The thing is, we don't have a cruise booked right now.

And the other thing is, the Reservation Number at the bottom of the email is the same reservation number as a cruise we took two years ago on a different ship.

These emails are for a reservation on the Jewel of the Seas (Mediterranean cruise) in November 2019, but the reservation number is for a Cuba cruise we took in 2017.

Has anyone else ever had this happen? Should I contact RCL and be worried that someone has used my Crown & Anchor number? The thing is, when I go to Royal Caribbean's dashboard and log in, it shows 0 upcoming cruises, and doesn't affiliate my last name with the reservation number for the Jewel of the Seas cruise.

My guess is that maybe some travel agent used my Crown & Anchor number instead of the correct one (maybe transposed a digit), but why would it have the same reservation number from a cruise we took in 2017? Does RCL reuse reservation numbers?

This is not a new behavior.  Royal has had problems with their directed emails for as long as I can remember.  We have received solicitations for excursions for cruises we don't have booked.

That is odd. It isn't likely a C&A number issue; in order to attach a C&A number to a booking the name and birthdate on the booking has to match the name and birthdate in the system for the C&A number. And if it had your C&A number it should appear in your account dashboard.

My best guess is a straight up IT glitch. Something got crossed in their systems and resulted in emails being sent out for an old cruise. I'm not sure if res numbers get reused, but it wouldn't surprise me. 26 ships. with thousands of staterooms each, doing anywhere from 26 to 104+ cruises a year, they'd run out of numbers quick, or get to the point they are way too long to be useful.

4 minutes ago, MamaTene said:

I have to say something like this happening to us would throw me right over the edge!

If you continue to cruise with Royal Caribbean, then I'd stay far away from the edge!😉