Quick, Help! Carnival gift cards to buy Cheers!

For those who are new to the discount Carnival cards, here's the two main threads for AARP and Allstate. As has already been said, you do not need to be an AARP member, you just have to sign up for a free Rewards for Good account. If you are a member, you can earn more points. You also do not need to be an Allstate customer for their rewards program, but it is a bit more difficult to register for their when you're not a customer. I think you still have to register a rewards account through the Allstate app, under the Drivewise section.

This link should take you to my comment in the AARP thread explaining how to sign up. If not, go to the last page and look for it about halfway down the page: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2126427-aarp-gift-cards/page/115/?tab=comments#comment-57127082

You can earn point from emailed promo codes or by taking short quizzes on the Rewards for Good website.

Here's the Allstate thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363984-allstate-drive-wise-cards-too/

Like I said, if you're not an Allstate customer, I'm pretty sure you have to register a rewards account through the app. Once you do that, you can enter promo codes for points and buy the gift cards through the app or, if you're on a computer, you can go to their rewards site: https://www.allstaterewards.com/

Non-Allstate customers get point from promo codes that are sent to you via email. Go through the CC thread I linked above (I know, it's a long thread) and try the codes people have posted. Some will be expired, but many codes will work and you'll rack up a ton of points right out of the gate. You can also use the Drivewise feature on the Allstate app to track your driving, but this is not required. If you do, it'll give you points after so many days of safe driving (e.g. staying under a certain speed and no hard braking).

When they're in stock, both rewards programs offer $100 cards (for $90 + 1,000 points) and $500 cards (for $450 + 5,000 points). Any order under $500 comes via the Postal service. Any order $500 & over comes UPS and requires a signature. On average, they'll arrive in a week or less. Allstate doesn't seem to offer the email gift cards to non-customers anymore. AARP had some back in March, but they're not as common as they used to be. Maybe they'll get more of those now that the summer cruising season is near.

If you have any questions about either program, just post in their threads.

5 hours ago, Sparky2 said:

When you use GCs that you've bought for 10% off to pay for your cruise, you're getting the whole cruise for 10% off.  Also, I can use the GCs to pay off balance on S & S card while on the ship.

Thanks for the update on gift card significants.  Senior moment and not very tech savvy.  Understand saving 10% but would not know how to "upload" anything. My son will have to do this for me.  We are on Carnival Dream in June and on Vista in August.  

5 hours ago, Sparky2 said:

When you use GCs that you've bought for 10% off to pay for your cruise, you're getting the whole cruise for 10% off.  Also, I can use the GCs to pay off balance on S & S card while on the ship.