Airfare to Galveston - IAH?

sgriff17

I am in the process of booking a client on the March 6, 2006 5- Night Elation Sailing out of Galveston. I found a great fare on Continental that is nonstop from RIC to IAH and arrives in plenty of time the morning of the 6th, but would require a flight back to RIC leaving IAH at 1:10 on March 11th. I know the Carnival website says flights should be after 1:30 leaving from IAH. Is 1:10 pushing it too much?

Its been done when things all go right, but there are 3 ships in port on the 12th, Conquest, Rhapsody and Elation, so getting out of Galveston will be tricky.

If your clients are taking private transportation, such as a limo service, it will probably work. Could they possibly do self-debarkation since it is only a 5 night cruise and thus be off the ship first thing? That would increase their chances.

PS. I notice you have a 5 night leaving the 6th, returning the 11th, but the Calendar shows the Ecstasy in Galveston on the 11th, part of the whole Katrina switcheroo, so this might be easier if we are talking only two ships on the 11th.

Tried to edit above post right after I hit the send button, realizing too late that the calendar did not update correctly for the ecstasy/elation switch and still had both ships going to Galveston one day apart. Got part of it to take, but by the time the boards reloaded the edit function had expired. --Slam head on computer multiple times---Only two ships in port on 11th--but limo and self-debark still a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived