Cancellation policy for shore excursions

put me on a ship

Blah, blah, blah- here I go droning on again about Tahiti especially on Wind Spirit!

Think about maybe doing your excursions privately. We heard very mixed reactions on the ships tours on our 17 day in November.

Because we had so much time to plan I researched here and on Tripadvisor and glad I did. We had excellent experiences with providers. The only excursion we did with the ship was the visit to Coral Gardens when we were on Tahaa. It was surreal- so much so that we did it again on the second go round of it second visit to Tahaa. I'm embarrassed to post this again because I just did on a different thread, and it's very wordy. (Took me awhile to adjust to a non-Nirvana state). But here you go- this is my 17 day Tahiti cruise review https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=641857

We snorkeled with 3 different providers on the 4 days in Bora Bora and while they were all good I have my #1. If you can get enough people to commit to it, Ato in Fakarava is amazing. Went with him on previous cruise. We snorkeled at every stop on the 17 day and it was beyond memorable.

Again.....I'm soooooooo envious of you! 🙂

9 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Blah, blah, blah- here I go droning on again about Tahiti especially on Wind Spirit!

Think about maybe doing your excursions privately. We heard very mixed reactions on the ships tours on our 17 day in November.

Because we had so much time to plan I researched here and on Tripadvisor and glad I did. We had excellent experiences with providers. The only excursion we did with the ship was the visit to Coral Gardens when we were on Tahaa. It was surreal- so much so that we did it again on the second go round of it second visit to Tahaa. I'm embarrassed to post this again because I just did on a different thread, and it's very wordy. (Took me awhile to adjust to a non-Nirvana state). But here you go- this is my 17 day Tahiti cruise review https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=641857

We snorkeled with 3 different providers on the 4 days in Bora Bora and while they were all good I have my #1. If you can get enough people to commit to it, Ato in Fakarava is amazing. Went with him on previous cruise. We snorkeled at every stop on the 17 day and it was beyond memorable.

Again.....I'm soooooooo envious of you! 🙂

Thanks! The reason I asked is because we want to book the drift snorkeling at the Coral Gardens for both stops, but may or may not do it the second time. Another question, did you still have time for the motu picnic that day?

Doing the Coral Gardens drift snorkel two times was really worth it. And there was plenty of time for the motu picnic. We brought water shoes, gloves, and some rash guards and pants ($20 on Amazaon) just for this and glad to have. There were people on the ship with some nasty cuts being treated. You can really get smashed up on sharp rocks depending on the current

that day. The clarity of the water in the Coral Gardens was like not even being in water, and the setting in the trees like paradise.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, Petoonya said:

Doing the Coral Gardens drift snorkel two times was really worth it. And there was plenty of time for the motu picnic. We brought water shoes, gloves, and some rash guards and pants ($20 on Amazaon) just for this and glad to have. There were people on the ship with some nasty cuts being treated. You can really get smashed up on sharp rocks depending on the current

that day. The clarity of the water in the Coral Gardens was like not even being in water, and the setting in the trees like paradise.

We already got pants, wetsuit jacket, water shoes, and gloves, most of it specifically for this excursion! My husband is way more into snorkeling than me, and much more experienced. I will admit, I am quite nervous about doing it.

BTW, I read your review...it's making me really excited and impatient! 

Edited by put me on a ship

You'll do great snorkeling Kat. Hopefully since you're in a warm water state you can do some more practicing there before you leave. The Coral gardens is not all that challenging. Not deep, just the current can slam you into coral. You'll do great everywhere.  I'll be waiting to read your review when you return 🙂

16 hours ago, Petoonya said:

You'll do great snorkeling Kat. Hopefully since you're in a warm water state you can do some more practicing there before you leave. The Coral gardens is not all that challenging. Not deep, just the current can slam you into coral. You'll do great everywhere.  I'll be waiting to read your review when you return 🙂

That's what I'm nervous about. Being slammed into coral. 😮 And why I plan to be covered pretty much head to toe in neoprene.😁