Visa question - second time to Cuba

mduffy1834

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before, but the search has not been kind to me.

We went to Cuba on Majesty of the Seas (RCCL) in February - it was fabulous.

A friend now wants me to go with her on Norwegian Sky in July - so excited to go back and do more exploring.

Question - in February, we did the paperwork and had our passports stamped in Cuba - my recollection was that the visa was good for 5 years.

I have a copy of the paperwork (visa application) from RCCL - do I need to do the application again or will the copy be good?  Do I need to pay the $75 again?  Is there anything else I would need?

RCCL did it through the ship - my friend says we need to apply for visa on our own (?)

Thanks for any help/recommendations/advice

You'll need another Visa.

I had friends who wanted to do a B2B on the Majesty, visiting Cuba both legs, and were told by RC and verified by the Visa authorities that they would need a separate Visa each leg.  So certainly coming back a few months later and on another cruise line will require one. Not a cruise line or US thing, it's the Cuban authorities who manage the Visa process. 

I'm  surprised, tho, that NCL does not make arrangements to get one for you (and charge you, of course) , like RC does . 

I'm  sure recent NCL travelers can confirm the details. 

1 hour ago, aynt79 said:

We will be on the Sky to Cuba in 2 weeks, I bought the visa through NCL. You can just call them and pay for it over the phone.

Yeah, that makes more sense than making the guests figure out how to get it themselves.

RC gave them to us at check in, and  just added the $75 to our onboard account, which was fine, since I have a credit card that pays me back 3% for travel related expenses. 

You need a visa for each visit. The 5 years is the retention time you are supposed to keep your paperwork in case you are ever audited. The paperwork is supposed to support the reason for the visit that you checked on the affidavit for the visa.