Arrive at 11:00 depart at 6:30- Should we do a beach

cruisegal40

We are going on the Allure in September. We were going to stay on the ship for this last port.  However, RCCL went ahead and removed St. T from our itinerary and I feel if we don't get off on at this stop, we will only doing one beach stop at St Kitts.  We will most likely walk around SJ as we as they shorted that time. Ugggg. 

My question is, what beach will let you hand out until 4-5:00?  We don't want to do the beach close to port as we have heard stories about oil from near by boats/ships and I know I won't be able to get hubs there no matter what.

So beach it or boat (ship) it?

Take a taxi to Cabbage Beach (it's right next to Atlantis on Paradise Island).  There aren't any restrooms but if you're just going for a couple of hours it should be an issue.  It's a beautiful beach.  It can get a bit crowded around the public access area but walk down a little and have the beach to yourself.  Personally, I never stay on the ship in port but that's me.

Getting back to the ship from Paradise Island can be a big issue during rush hour.  4:15pm - 6 ish.    The bridge backs up and it can take the better part of an hour to get back to port.   

I never trust the traffic.

Maybe Saunders Beach or Goodman Bay on Bay Street will do the trick.

Scubagirl. How far are those beaches?  We have been to Cable Beach.  Just seems such an odd time for a cruise ship. But they changed the times on us due to an ongoing issue.

Cruisegal,  these public beaches do not have bars or other amenities except a restroom.  You can bring supplies.

Other beaches along the way do not even have restrooms.   In order to have lounges, bars, umbrellas and other services, you'll need to buy a day pass at one of the hotels along the beach.   

Nivana at Love Beach has a bar, but it is significantly further out, and transportation isn't frequent. Not recommended for a short trip.

I did check the beaches out on Tripadvisor. I like that Saunders has patrols.  Would you recommend a day pass at any of the hotels?  I want to get off the ship, but seems time is working against us.