Change in Mariner Status

ORCRUISER

We are relatively new to HA; our recent Zuiderdam cruise was only our third. At the end of that cruise we would still have been three days short of two star status. Part way through the cruise I noticed that my husband's sea pass had the Mariner symbol but mine didn't. The lovely staff in the front office agreed that something was amiss and sent a message to Seattle on my behalf. A few days later we each received a pin with a card explaining that we had moved up a star level; the card goes on to say that we can look forward to a "host of new benefits" on our next cruise, so I'm not sure if we could our new status would have applied, had we chose to use it.

11 hours ago, GlennG said:

I'm one-day short of becoming a four-star mariner.  With being so close to the four star threshold, I thought it would be prudent to check with the Mariner Society to determine if my status would change during my next planned cruise.  Alas, the answer was, "No!"  To paraphrase the explanation given, I was told "...that a rule is a rule."

too late now unless you do the one day or otherwise short trip that someone else suggested. i always know where I'm at on Mariner Status when I get on board. Know how many days I have and how many to the next level. Subtract from that the number of days of current cruise (double for suite people but that's not us). If after that calculation reaching the next level is attainable on current cruise (remember spend credit cannot exceed number of days of your cruise), then I know how much we need to spend to get there. I only needed two spend days on my last cruise to make 3* so no problem. In your situation, it would've been worth it to take a ship's excursion or otherwise spend the additional $300 during your last cruise to get that extra day to make 4*. but at least you'll be aware of this as you eventually close in on 5*. sorry. 😞