New Internet Choice

I am not clear on the new cheaper internet choice. It says you can't stream video on the lower price internet which is fine for me. What it doesn't say is whether your ability to upload pictures to Facebook, Instagram etc, or have your auto backup to the cloud affected? Does anyone know if you can still do this on the cheaper package?

From X's website:

Applications that require a dedicated connection and heavy bandwidth may not be supported. This includes, but is not limited to: video calling, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), and Remote Desktop. Wireless Access on the Celebrity Xpedition is limited to certain hotspots in public areas. Internet access is available until the morning of debarkation. Access to workstations may be limited during class presentations.

bon voyage

I purchase the surf package one device pack with Select CC discount during my past Silhouette cruise,  I used a iPhone Xs switched with my DW iPhone 5s or with the iMacs in the iLounge. Whatsapp: only text, No photos or videos. FB: I can upload photos, no videos. email: (Yahoo) I can attach photos. Web sites: very little use only the essential and all good without restrictions. NO WiFi calls. 

With the new Surf package, it is still not clear to me if it supports iMessaging (blue "texting" on iPhone). I understand WIFI calling may not be allowed but this is essentially WIFI texting. I don't use WhatsApp or any other chat app.

I have called Captain's Club for clarification and the rep was unsure so she is taking the question to an Internet Manager on a ship.

In the meantime, if anyone has had experience with the Surf package, and has been able to iMessage, I would love to know.

Thanks!