Zeebrugge - Taxi

We were in  Zeebrugge last week. There were no taxis in the port. There was a shuttle bus to take people out of the port, close to the railway station to catch the train into Bruges. We’ve taken a ship’s tour, on earlier cruises, in to Bruges. It’s about a 35 minute drive to Bruges.

Hope that this is helpful.🙂

Edited by turnip eater

We just back from our TA to Europe.  At Zebrugge they have a free shuttle to outside the port--can't walk inside the port.

Right where left the shuttle off their is a place to buy bus tickets for 20 euros pp, round trip.  It drops you off near a park, also near the train station.  It was then an easy and scenic walk to the old center.  We enjoyed this option, made everything much easier than finding the a tram to the trains station near Zebrugge.  Cost a little more, but very convenient.

I didn't see any taxis.  I can't believe it is only a 35 minute walk from the port area to Bruges, but maybe it is.  More like 35 minutes walk to the main square from where we got off the bus.  The bus was nice and left every 30 minutes.

We just walked around the beautiful town, seeing canals, beautiful old houses, churches, etc.  And had a great Belgian waffle!

15 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I didn't see any taxis.  I can't believe it is only a 35 minute walk from the port area to Bruges, but maybe it is.  More like 35 minutes walk to the main square from where we got off the bus.

It’s a 35 drive from the port to Bruges. Goodness knows how long it would take to walk😄

When we were there in 2017, we just paid the 20 Euros and hopped on a shuttle bus right outside our ship. They dropped us off at the train station and we walked all over Bruges on our own. Super easy to walk around, very nice city.

9 hours ago, turnip eater said:

It’s a 35 drive from the port to Bruges. Goodness knows how long it would take to walk😄

I agree since we just did it--it seemed more like 20 minutes to me.  I just misread the post and thought it said 35 minutes to walk there!  

Hi All, Thank you for the information. Were the shuttles only available a certain time of the morning? Cruise Express runs from 830a according to their site - not sure if there are other shuttle companies. We were hoping to start earlier than this since the ship (Celebrity Silhouette) is only port from 700-300p. 

12 hours ago, ocride13 said:

Hi All, Thank you for the information. Were the shuttles only available a certain time of the morning? Cruise Express runs from 830a according to their site - not sure if there are other shuttle companies. We were hoping to start earlier than this since the ship (Celebrity Silhouette) is only port from 700-300p. 

When we were there, the shuttle buses were already sitting there, waiting. So we got into town before the tour groups did. It was great, it was nice and quiet. In fact, I would also recommend doing the canal boat ride early if you're thinking of doing it. It was the last thing we did in the late afternoon and it was super busy. We spent about 30-40 minutes waiting in line and the boat was packed. We got stuck in the middle, which made it a little harder to take pictures. We saw them running earlier and they were much less filled. Our one mistake.