How do show reservations work?

luckybecky

Hi there! I'm a first time NCL cruiser. I've seen a few mentions about show reservations. I have cruised on a few other lines before this but none of them offered or required show reservations. You just show up at the theater or comedy venue and seating is first come, first served.

So I get the impression that it is different on NCL and we need reservations. However no reservations are offered on my NCL "explore and plan" page. We are only about 3 weeks from sailing. Is there anything I need to do? We love to go to the shows and I don't mind arriving early to get a good seat. I don't want to miss out. Any suggestions?

We are sailing on the Spirit to Norway on 6/14. 

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, luckybecky said:

Hi there! I'm a first time NCL cruiser. I've seen a few mentions about show reservations. I have cruised on a few other lines before this but none of them offered or required show reservations. You just show up at the theater or comedy venue and seating is first come, first served.

So I get the impression that it is different on NCL and we need reservations. However no reservations are offered on my NCL "explore and plan" page. We are only about 3 weeks from sailing. Is there anything I need to do? We love to go to the shows and I don't mind arriving early to get a good seat. I don't want to miss out. Any suggestions?

We are sailing on the Spirit to Norway on 6/14. 

Thanks!

No show reservations are available on the Spirit. You just show up.

On the megaships (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Bliss, Joy, Encore), reservations are required for the two main theater shows. This is similar to the Royal's Oasis and Quantum class ships. 

25 minutes ago, rtread said:

Is it "just show up" on Pride of America also? If so, do you need to show up real early?

Yes it is.

I don't go to many shows, but when I do we never turn up all that early and always find a seat.

41 minutes ago, CajunGroover said:

So even if you have a reservation for a show, is it still recommended that you show up early for best seating?  I'm assuming that seats are still on a first-come basis, right?

Yes, that’s correct.

You certainly want to be there more than 10 minutes before the show starts, as that is when they apparently start letting people in the stand by queue in. If you want to sit in specific places you will want to be there quite a bit before that.

The 20-30 minutes mentioned above sounds about right to me if you want a good choice, especially if you need a few seats together.

54 minutes ago, jetsyankees#1 said:

(Getaway)

You were on one of the ships noted as doing reservations for shows.  The person asking the question is on a ship that does first-come/first-serve for show seating, no reservations as indicated by a post previous to yours.