Bora Bora Celebration Festival/Barbacue on Wind Spirit

Jay-Bird?

My husband and I our going on the 7 day Dreams of Tahiti on October 3, 2019.  I know we spend two days on Bora Bora, so does anyone know if the Barbecue on the Motu is on the first night or the second?  I have read that they take you over around 5:00 p.m. for dinner.  I've called Windstar and I've been told two different things.  We are trying to schedule tours, so it would help to know which day.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Edited by Jay-Bird?

Following as we are on September 12, 2019 cruise and wonder the same thing and what night is deck BBQ and island lunch.  You would think Windstar would have this information available  to assist in planning.

This is a bit of speculation, but:

IIRC we left ship later than 5pm, and there were a number of trips made in both directions.

Also, this is a tender port, so the tenders will still be running from shore, I would think that WS would take you to the Motu by that tender - the BBQ is casual, so while you may be tired from your day ashore you wouldn't stand out. There are full restroom facilities if you want to clean up a little.

BYW be sure to take your camera - the views of the ship from the Moto are unbelievable, and we had the most amazing sunset I've ever seen. Not to mention the entertainment itself.

I really appreciate the responses.  I do think that the beach day is when we go to Taha'A.  

I'm going to contact Windstar one more time and go with majority rules.  Yes, I will absolutely take my camera.  

If you read the reviews for Wind Spirit here on CC, you will see that the dinner show in Bora Bora is on the second night.

Several of the reviews give day by day accounts of the 7 night cruise in Tahiti.

I thought I would share an email I got from Windstar.  This email is in reference to the Bora Bora celebration and on what night.

Good Day,

Thank you.

Yes.  We can say with positivity that generally this is scheduled for the first night in bora bora.. it goes late into the evening and the itinerary doesn’t allow it to be on the second evening the second day we leave earlier, by 9pm.

This of course will always be subject to change for such reasons as operational reasons, or weather and if known ahead of time, we reach out to guests in regard to such, 

We (Operations Department) actually just got a notice for the August 15th sailing that it was moved to the second night. 

As of now, your cruise (October 3rd) The Destination Discovery event in Bora Bora is still scheduled for the first night.  Also, when guests book the Bora Bora Romance Package, we must advise them that they miss the event due to no available transportation after they arrive to their over water bungalow.

We hope you find peace of mind in knowing you have been advised correctly from this email.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was also shared on a previous email about the deck barbecue and day at the beach. This was their response...

This is completely up to the staff, crew and scheduling on ship and we have sent his question to the ship for a response, but it is subject to changes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OH WELL!   It will all be wonderful, and can't wait regardless of when everything is scheduled.