Rare food allergy....

I have a very rare food allergy - mangoes. Can’t touch them or anything in contact with them, let alone eat them. 

Its been years since ive been on Royal, are they common place at say like the buffet? We will be notifying the dining room, and I carry multiple epi-pens, just in case. 

I can’t speak about mangoes directly. Two of our kids have severe peanut/tree nut/shellfish allergies.   We have cruised a lot with RC and in the MDR they are excellent as long as they know. Specialty restaurants require a little more work because you don’t go there regularly. Or at least we don’t. 

The only time one of them had a bad experience (which required an epi-pen, sent him to the infirmary, hives ALL over his body, passed out from the meds for pretty much the rest of the day) was at the windjammer buffet. They try to label, but I guess it’s sometimes missed. 

I wish our kids would avoid buffets. But they need to decide that out for themselves at their age (22, 21).  

I would guess mango is less common in food buffets, but can’t speak directly to that allergen.   I would be more concerned about blender drinks 

Edited by cindivan

4 hours ago, cindivan said:

The only time one of them had a bad experience (which required an epi-pen, sent him to the infirmary, hives ALL over his body, passed out from the meds for pretty much the rest of the day) was at the windjammer buffet. They try to label, but I guess it’s sometimes missed. 

I'd be more inclined to think that some idiot passenger was stupid with the serving utensils.  I often see people pick up one spoon or set of tongs and then serve themselves out of multiple different dishes, contaminating other foods with everything they touched with the utensils.  

I'd recommend the OP be careful in the buffet for this same reason, although one would hope that staying in a certain section (like the hot foods) would decrease the chances of coming in contact with a fruit.