Solo Traveler

Archipelago

I like the itinerary on the Seadream better than my Seabourn booking . I know that Seabourn has invitations for singles at dining etc. Would I feel out of place on the Seadream ship with mostly couples ? I am a gregarious 55 y.o. business owner who has traveled some but has been busy helping run a 90 year old family small store chain( am planning to wait 20 years after I retire to do a lot of traveling :-) ):eek:

Greetings to a fellow North Carolian.

On our first SD cruise there was a single gentleman in his 50s who seemed to have quite a good time.

Frequent Traveler did the fall crossing herself ... so she is better positioned to answer your question.

Having sailed twice on SD I would not hesitate to travel on the ships without my spouse ... as a matter of fact on our last trip I spent time with Ctbjr's wife and Ctbjr while DH was elsewhere. We of course spent lots of couple time but the passengers are always so interesting.

My cruise on the Seabourn was chartered so I am having my TA check this out today . I may be taking the plunge! I think it will be a great experience. Disney Jen I am in Hickory and fly out of Charlotte!!:)

Quite a NC based group as we are based in GSO.

I've cruised SD I twice as part of a couple and SD II once as a solo. Great times on all. As a solo other cruisers were quick to extend dinner and lunch invitations. Always had the choice of groups to mingle with at cocktail hour. The crew was excellent -- one night Christophe and Martin honored my request for outside dining and set up a table for me on deck. I used the Atlantic crossing as a bit of a retreat from the real world and was able to have as much "down" time as I wanted. Alternatively, my fellow cruisers and the crew were as warm and welcoming to a solo as to a couple.

My only caveat would be to stay away from SD on school holidays if you want an adults only experience.

Have fun. If you are lucky enought to sail on Captain Tysse's watch with the wonderful Christophe and Martin, as well as Richard as activities director, you will have the best cruise ever.

FT

The cruise that I may book is the SD 1713 on the Seadream #1. It leaves from SanJuan - Barcelona on the 15th of April '07. I've never flown from GSO but the fares there are more reasonable and I have been checking into using it . I can get there easily from I-40. I just finished a new house and have a bunch of frequent flier miles to use :) . I will find out today or on Monday if I was booked. I was qouted a rate of 25% s supplement earlier and hope that it is still in effect !!! Heading to the gym for the treadmill and pool !!!!!!:D

Archived