How to get the most out of our Honeymoon Cruise?

My girlfriend and I are looking to take a cruise for our honeymoon! (Eyeing Liberty of the Seas on January 19th, 2019.) I have been on a handful of cruises over the last few years, however this will be my girlfriend's first cruise.

How do we get the most out of our honeymoon? Is there a place we can sign up to get free goodies (bottle of wine or other amenities)? What "packages" are worth it to make things a bit more romantic? We don't have an extravagant budget, but we don't mind spending a few extra dollars on this special time. What would your recommendations be for a honeymooning couple on a cruise ship?

As an example, my sister (an avid cruiser) recommends that we pay the extra to choose a specific room so that we can be guaranteed to get a quiet room away from parties and pools. What are your tips?

Hopefully, you mean Jan 2020.

There are many honeymoon couples on large cruise ships, and there are no freebies.  On small ships, such as Windstar, yes, but not big ships.  If you book through a TA, they may offer something.

I definately would want a quieter room.  Maybe dinner at a specialty restaurant?  Couples massage on a sea day?

Best of luck to you.

You can make a note on your reservation that it's a honeymoon cruise. Usually they will put a small gift inside.

You should always select the location of your cabin. You want to make sure you're not under a dining room or a night club, and I recommend the middle or aft of the ship for less motion. 

Looks like Royal Caribbean has a few romance packages that are affordable, like the Champagne and Rose Petals Package. It could be a cute addition to your cruise and something extra special for your honeymoon.

I know on our honeymoon we're doing the Deluxe Balcony Breakfast because we have an Aft Penthouse Suite, but I haven't found any similar packages on RCCL.

Best of luck! 

• 1 month later...