Obstructed Balcony on Anthem

I am trying to decide between staterooms 6560 and 6258 or 6658 on Anthem of the seas.

Does anyone have any personal experience or maybe a picture? Hard to decide which is the better room. I am not sure how 'obstructed' the obstructed view is. 

Thanks! 

30 minutes ago, Mousy said:

I am trying to decide between staterooms 6560 and 6258 or 6658 on Anthem of the seas.

Does anyone have any personal experience or maybe a picture? Hard to decide which is the better room. I am not sure how 'obstructed' the obstructed view is. 

Thanks! 

I would pick 6258 solely based on location. 6658 is too close to the smoking bus stop on deck 5.  It is the rectangle between the lifeboats.  The other cabins are too far forward for me on Anthem.  We find Anthem has a lot of movement forward.  We have found it is a lot smooth ride aft.

Edit:  I would google 6258 and 6658, there are videos of both.  I change my mind, I wouldn't book 6258, it only has a chair, not a sofa.  Really nice balcony though.

Edited by reallyitsmema

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would pick 6258 solely based on location. 6658 is too close to the smoking bus stop on deck 5.  It is the rectangle between the lifeboats.  The other cabins are too far forward for me on Anthem.  We find Anthem has a lot of movement forward.  We have found it is a lot smooth ride aft.

Edit:  I would google 6258 and 6658, there are videos of both.  I change my mind, I wouldn't book 6258, it only has a chair, not a sofa.  Really nice balcony though.

Thanks so much for your advice!! 

• Like 1

We stayed in 6654.  It is not near the smoking section, that is quite a bit farther aft.  Yes there is only a chair but there is so much more room to move around.

8Jrx6Mxjjl4Kws0Jtqr_HWVDwXLTOIRSyq6u38G4

We were over the mid sized life boat, not one of the big ones.  The view at 6658 is a little more restrictive if you are looking aft as you will start to see one of the larger life boats.  The balcony is amazingly large.

RqJ1VkgJZChGmIOKCg2fXs90qQG8UQ-7ECuDY-as

For an outside view, here is a vid of the Quantum (but this is missing the midsize life boat).  It would be in the blank space between the little speed boat and the life boat.  The two oval windows in that section are 6654 and 6658.

Also, here is a full video of 6658:

Last bit of knowledge in case you are on the taller side.  The bathrooms are exactly 6'6" high.  I know this because I am 6'6" tall.  Even being in the cabin itself only adds another 2 inches. 

I don't know if this is the case on all of deck 6 or if this is the case on all decks.  I do know they are trying to cram more people on board and if they can pick up a few inches here and there, they might be able to cram in another whole deck of passengers.

19 hours ago, Mousy said:

Thanks! 

In November we stayed in 6660.  I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and was concerned about the smoking area below.  Thankfully, I never once smelled smoke.  The view was obstructed but not enough that it was a problem.  I liked the location of the room and would definitely stay there again, especially for the price.

1 hour ago, Cruiser24 said:

In November we stayed in 6660.  I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and was concerned about the smoking area below.  Thankfully, I never once smelled smoke.  The view was obstructed but not enough that it was a problem.  I liked the location of the room and would definitely stay there again, especially for the price.

Thanks.  We have 6660 and 6662 booked for next March

6 hours ago, Rewind said:

We stayed in 6654.  It is not near the smoking section, that is quite a bit farther aft.  Yes there is only a chair but there is so much more room to move around.

We were over the mid sized life boat, not one of the big ones.  The view at 6658 is a little more restrictive if you are looking aft as you will start to see one of the larger life boats.  The balcony is amazingly large.

Apparently I didn't set my links correctly.  Let me try again with the pics:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/fur3iVtNDL7Ko1VS4SjEIuPZKVq8R8ScY8RnR2KUbYW

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/vmeCdyiuLTONjHBQbq3LBnwTmtC7htXMMd5MYtSlF49