Ovation Alaska Luggage Valet

Hello,

I will be sailing Ovation of the Seas from June 21-28. We have an 11:55 AM flight on Soutjwest airlines to Chicago. I was wondering if we will be eligible to use the luggage valet service on disembarkation?

3 hours ago, luv2cruise81 said:

Hello,

I will be sailing Ovation of the Seas from June 21-28. We have an 11:55 AM flight on Soutjwest airlines to Chicago. I was wondering if we will be eligible to use the luggage valet service on disembarkation?

No flights have to depart after 12 PM. You need to use a transportation method to the airport that isn't a cab

You can wait a day or two and ask in the thread below or the uber lift thread in homeports -west coast if anyone had good luck with uber/lyft.  Page 26 have photos of cab lines, it took me over two hours to get to the airport once I had my luggage. I had a 12pm flight and changed it in the cab line when I saw I wasn't going to make it.

Everyone that wasn't key or walk off with their luggage was about 20 minutes behind nd schedule getting off the boat. The line went from the aft elevators to close to the bow and back to midships to get off

Edited by AlanF65

We had planned on using luggage valet as well but Alaska changed our flight time to 11:15. Need fastest reliable mode of transportation to the airport. Now going to do walk off with luggage. Seattle express says they start transporting at 7:30 and go every 15 mins. Would that work? And how far is the shuttle pickup from where we disembark?

13 hours ago, Katstang said:

We had planned on using luggage valet as well but Alaska changed our flight time to 11:15. Need fastest reliable mode of transportation to the airport. Now going to do walk off with luggage. Seattle express says they start transporting at 7:30 and go every 15 mins. Would that work? And how far is the shuttle pickup from where we disembark?

If you need the fastest trip, I'd do taxi or Uber. 

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

Cab line last Saturday, over 1.25 hours to get a cab

Yes, I've seen that line.  That's why I'd have Uber/Lyft as an option.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, I've seen that line.  That's why I'd have Uber/Lyft as an option.

They were doing road construction and there was 1 lane in and 1 lane out, 3000+ off of Celebrity and 4100+ off of Ovation and about the same trying to  get in. If you weren't off the boat by 9 with luggage and expecting a cab you were in for a wait. And then they are working on the Viaduct so uber and lyft are in the same choke point, not sure if they were easier to load into.

The shuttles didn't come back very often.

Until next Friday cruisers report we won't know if they fixed the mess or people with early flights need to plan around a delay getting out and leave earlier / buy the Key for the departure with luggage early / make other arrangements. I had to move my flight and that was $425.

image.thumb.png.d445e6e42fb23230cfc8c1fc046d3d32.png

image.thumb.png.c2457230f1c60f19d292c9fa44219bda.png

Edited by AlanF65

3 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

They were doing road construction and there was 1 lane in and 1 lane out, 3000+ off of Celebrity and 4100+ off of Ovation and about the same trying to  get in. ...

This is why I suggest leaving the ship as early as possible, even if the flight time allows one to take their time disembarking.  Our experience has been that if there are delays, it generally gets worse the later it gets.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

This is why I suggest leaving the ship as early as possible, even if the flight time allows one to take their time disembarking.  Our experience has been that if there are delays, it generally gets worse the later it gets.

My mistake is last year I got off explorer and took a shuttle to parking, there were about 10 people waiting for a cab, my expectation was a short cab line, I thought a lot of people would take more economical methods to the Airport. Definitely need to get off early and or make reservations after 1 or 2 plane reservation, use luggage valet and just take it easy getting to the airport.

We did ship transfers and although it was pricey, we were at the airport around 9:00 while also using luggage valet. 

It was actually a pleasure leaving the ship and port compared to the cluster at Vancouver getting from the flight to embarkation. 

Edited by CruiseKeeper
Auto complete has a mind of its own.