Noordam pics

Copper10-8

John, I couldnot find the dutch article and the photos back on Internet.It was taken over by todays newspaper already and the archive doesnot really work.

However I made a scan of this article of yesterday with their photos and sent it to you by e-mail.

I also sent another article without photos that was published in De Telegraaf.

Got them Ine! Harstikke bedankt!:)

We saw the QM2 in NYC just before it started on its ill fated trip to Rio. It's beyond huge, and dwarfed the pier. When we finished our cruise at the NYC docks last September, our ship (Seven Seas Navigator) was much smaller than the Carnival and Princess ships in port; but the QM2 was an order of magnitude larger than the ships we saw in Sept.

The side by side comparison is interesting. Noordam IV has about 40% more PAX than Noordam III, but it seems to be more than 40% bigger. Noordam III looks like an ocena liner, while Noordam IV looks like a blocky cruise ship. III looks prettier to our eyes, but IV will probably be more comfortable. At least IV retains a full circle promenade deck: a lot of the mostly balcony ships don't.

Less than 3 weeks until the inaugural cruise, less than 300 days until our 11/25/06 cruise on Noordam IV.

Javalava, we hope your son enjoys working on the Noordam.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived