Question regarding laundry

Cruisecrazy25

41 minutes ago, Cruisecrazy25 said:

We are coming from the states and don’t plan to pack a whole lot for our trip to begin with. We are curious, is there a charge to use the washing machines and dryers on board the Britannia? 

Thanks! 

No charge but you will need to bring your own detergent.

1 hour ago, Tom Baker said:

Can you not purchase detergent from the shop on board?

Yes you can, but it can work out a bit expensive, about a pound a pod I believe.

Other passengers swear by 'detergent sheets'. Easy to transport and no chance of spillage.

Never seen them myself, but apparently ideal for cruising.

Andy

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yes you can, but it can work out a bit expensive, about a pound a pod I believe.

Other passengers swear by 'detergent sheets'. Easy to transport and no chance of spillage.

Never seen them myself, but apparently ideal for cruising.

Andy

Sounds like an excellent idea.  Some here:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WASHING-POWDER-SHEETS-32-WASHES-PER-PACK-FRAGRANCE-FREE-ECO-STRIPS/173812824787

Anybody tried them?

• 2 months later...

On longer cruises, you sometimes get special offers on laundry.  However, beware, my laundry was at first refused as the said it was stained.  I thought that was why it was necessary to send your clothes to the laundry, either stains come out or they do not. My laundry was re-sent to and everything came back perfect.

I've used the laundry sheets; Amazon sell them online if you can't get them at the supermarket. Washing powder tabs onboard are very expensive and they sometimes run out. It's the queues and the hassle over machines that put me off. I usually wait till there's a half price offere on laundry (there always is on a 2 week cruise) and fll a bag; usually about £20 and returned to you washed and ironed on hangers within 2 days.

Edited by Clodia
typos

On 8/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, Clodia said:

I've used the laundry sheets; Amazon sell them online if you can't get them at the supermarket. Washing powder tabs onboard are very expensive and they sometimes run out. It's the queues and the hassle over machines that put me off. I usually wait till there's a half price offere on laundry (there always is on a 2 week cruise) and fll a bag; usually about £20 and returned to you washed and ironed on hangers within 2 days.

Unless the laundry consider it to be stained, then they just return it to the Cabin Steward marked ‘stained’.  Foolishly, I thought that was why people sent clothes to the laundry, how wrong can you be.

Our most recent cruises have been on HAL where you can pay a fixed amount per day and have unlimited laundry done - allows us to travel lighter and also we have no intention of doing laundry on holiday 🙂

Does P&O offer the same type of thing?