Seward AK embarkation - Shuttle from train station

Ka Honu

We're taking the Alaska RR from Anchorage to Seward to board Sojourn in late August. We know it's only half a mile from Seward train station to the cruise port and that the city runs a free shuttle service every half hour or so. Just wondered if Seabourn also runs their own shuttle from the train station to the ship. Thanks.

Good choice of transportation 🙂 While we were staying in Seward for a few days before we boarded, I don't recall seeing, but was not looking for it - was more focused on trying to find my hotel's not there van - a Seabourn transfer from the rail station.  You would not want to drag luggage from there to the ship.  There were taxis  at the rail station.  Since I know some other CC folks who did board the same day as they arrived at the rail station I'll ask them or maybe one of them will answer your question.

1 hour ago, 2SailingNomads said:

You would not want to drag luggage from there to the ship.  There were taxis  at the rail station. 

It took us 5 minutes to wheel our luggage from the train station to the ship.  Incredibly easy. 

On 5/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, florisdekort said:
On 5/27/2019 at 1:51 PM, 2SailingNomads said:

You would not want to drag luggage from there to the ship.  There were taxis  at the rail station.

It took us 5 minutes to wheel our luggage from the train station to the ship.  Incredibly easy. 

All righty then - thanks for the info. You Aussies are so hardy.

Looking forward to the train ride and am sure we'll be able to deal with whatever happens to the luggage.