High Seas Heist - if your ship has it ... do it!

BuckeyeMark

13 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

Which ships have an Escape Room?  Do they have them on Princess Ships or only on Royal Caribbean Ships?  My family loves Escape Rooms. In fact, we just did one yesterday.  It would be awesome if the Grand has one. 

They had it on the Grand 😊

On 5/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, BuckeyeMark said:

Quick answers to some questions above:

* the wife and I worked as a team and they did encourage that - prolly because they don't have 3K evidence packets!  I did see an entire family working as a team (good for them!) so I think you could make your team be pretty much whatever/whoever you wanted.

* we didn't do the sail away party so there may have been an explanation there and we missed it.

* the prizes included the usual Princess swag - water bottle, notebook, and some Eaffy jewelry!  also the obligatory bottle of champagne but since we don't drink that wasn't for us.  oh yes - we got a certificate certifying our crime solving skills which I am now stapling to my application to the FBI academy.  I'm sure I'll be admitted at once!

we really enjoyed it.  we just thought Princess had done a great job with it and it was super fun.  and now we need to find Joe Kenda's show "Homicide Hunters" so we can see how our "mentor" is doing!

I want to play this game even more because Joe Kenda is involved!!!  Homicide Hunters is on ID Discovery channel and I can listen to him all day.

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

Really? We would love to find out about this game. We wanted to do the High Seas Heist and will plan to check it out in the future and would love to know about another game for future reference. Can you tell us anything about "detourist"? Anything at all would be appreciated except any possible solution. Please let all of us know about this game (or activity) if possible.  Thanks.

We didn't play, so all I can tell you is that there were people walking around with manila envelopes trying to solve puzzles, and a number of meetings throughout the cruise to get clues and stuff.  The detourist was aimed at helping you gain a deeper awareness of your experience in the Caribbean. There were little signs for it in Club Fusion and boxes around the ship with thought/conversation stimulating questions. 

Sorry I don't have more to tell you,  I am too ADD to track an activity in multiple parts!  Our CD, Steven Campbell and a few of his staff, did a hysterical game in the Piazza called "can you beat the cruise director". My husband and I both played.