Credit card points

Anyone have any suggestions on using credit card points towards a cruise?  You could use it for the flight to get to port and the hotel before the cruise, but any options to use them on an actual cruise?  Can they be transferred over?  I don't know if RC has a credit card but if they did, it probably wouldn't be the best value anyway.  Any suggestions?

Probably look for one that pays at least 1.5% on everything and 3% on a category that you can choose and change every billing cycle. Also there are promotions for credit cards where you can earn $100 - $150 cash bonus as long as you charge at least $500 on your card within 3 months. Some of these card have a higher rate but if you're like me and pay it off every month it doesn't matter.

Royal has a card. If you spend I believe $3000 in the first 3 month. You will get $100 OBC. You get a 1 point for every dollar you spend and 2 points for every dollar you spend with Royal Caribbean. 5000 points will get you $50 obc. Royal isn't the best out there. Hope this helps. Happy Sailing!!!

Royal’s card is not the best out there.  As said, you only earn 1 point per dollar spent, and 2 points for anything spent on Royal Caribbean.   It use to be a decent deal when they didn’t have so many of their fake sales and limitations.  We cased ours for a couple free cruises, but lately we just cash out for some OBC.  The OBC will typically show up in your cruise planner a couple weeks before you cruise.  We have called and had them apply it earlier so we could take advantage of a sale.

We now use a no fee card that gives us 2% on everything, and we can use it for cruise fare, airfare, hotels, or anything we want.  It is better to have a card that doesn’t limit you on what you use it for.

Thanks, I do have a credit card with 3x travel and 1x everything else, so it's general.  I just don't think you can actually book cruises with it, which is unfortunate.  It doesn't sound like the RC card gives as much in terms of value.  Thanks again!