Happy Australia Day

karmac

I was born in England (Yorkshire)have been in Australia for 49 years,became a citizen in 1989, I support Australia for everything , The best place on the Planet.

Good on you Gyyp; that makes you a 'True Blue' Aussie - First Class. I think that line, or similar should be added to the Oath!

Both my Parent were born in the U.K. and were very proud Aussies.

To all of you Australians out there, New and old. Happy Australia Day!!!

[Edit] ..and to karmac, well done starting this thread. See, it takes a new Aussie to think of it. Congrats on you recent citizenship as well.

Happy australia day (although it is 3 am now) from yet another aussie born in england. I was born in nottingham and came here in 79, I became australian about 1983, i always knew that australia was going to be my home, I have been back many times but no desire to live there again.

Sorry I havent been to great kepple island

Happy Australia Day everyone....I became an Aussie in the 60's when I was only a child after my family came to Australia from Holland. My huband was born in England (London) and he became an Aussie a few years ago. It really is the best country in the world and even though we have been back to UK and Netherlands for visits we love coming home to OZ.:)

Hey guys!

I've only been living in Australia since April and that was my first Australia Day - I was just glad my hubby had the day off work :) I haven't thought to ask anyone or research, so thought I'd let you guys tell me... what were we celebrating yesterday? :)

thanks!

Sarah :)

Hey guys!

I've only been living in Australia since April and that was my first Australia Day - I was just glad my hubby had the day off work :) I haven't thought to ask anyone or research, so thought I'd let you guys tell me... what were we celebrating yesterday? :)

thanks!

Sarah :)

Hi Sarah and welcome to Australia,

January 26th, "Australia Day" commemorates the day in 1788, Captain Arthur Phillip and the first settlers to Australia, first landed at Sydney Cove (now Circular Quay) and the proclomation of the Colony of New South Wales. Australia did not become a federation until January 1st 1901.

I hope that's a little insight for you :)

Trevor

Whereabouts in Yorkshire Gyyp? I was born in Bradford. I support Australia in everything else but I'll always have a soft spot for the poms when it comes to cricket.

Karen

I was born in Stocksbridge, I've been here too long to support anyone but the Aussies.

Hi Everybody from onboard Sun.

Cruise staff made a big deal of Australia Day with G'Day G'day show, Aussie Flag flying from front of ship and flags all around the ship.

Thankfully 98% of the pax are Aussies otherwise you would have felt left out.

Archived