When to tip in Diamond Lounge

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

You're more than welcome to tip however you want (heck, I'm just happy that you tip the staff, which many people don't even bother to do!).

I'm just pointing out that your argument for how you want to tip wasn't valid for the way you were wording it, which, as it turns out, was different than what you were intending to convey.

If you don't want to carry cash around the ship with you every single day, that's totally fine.  Keep on keeping on.  

Thanks. I think I will keep keeping on.  I agree, I'm glad people tip too. We need to reward the crew for what is too often a thankless job. They work very hard at it and deserve every penny they get. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We have drinks all over the ship. We might go to a different bar every night. Some nights we might not even have a drink at HH so tipping as we go along works best for us. 

Agreed-folks should do what ever they want!  

M

Since we don't do drink packages, we pay as we go.   So I always add to the 18% tip.  I find that more convenient.  

I haul around two $50 bundles of singles on every cruise for tips. It's a burden carrying the six ounces of bills until I get to my cabin safe. I don't know how I'm able to put about 8 in my pocket if I'm going to the Lounge or a bar to use my three drinks, but I manage somehow. As I age, the sheer volume of the singles might become too much of an effort and I will have to carry a lighter bundle of twenties and exchange them for singles at customer service which they are glad to exchange. But I'll continue to bite the bullet and suffer the agony so that I'm sure I'm tipping all who serve us.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, John Reid said:

I haul around two $50 bundles of singles on every cruise for tips. It's a burden carrying the six ounces of bills until I get to my cabin safe. I don't know how I'm able to put about 8 in my pocket if I'm going to the Lounge or a bar to use my three drinks, but I manage somehow. As I age, the sheer volume of the singles might become too much of an effort and I will have to carry a lighter bundle of twenties and exchange them for singles at customer service which they are glad to exchange. But I'll continue to bite the bullet and suffer the agony so that I'm sure I'm tipping all who serve us.

I assume your sarcasm is directed at me.  For a bunch of people who believe that tipping is an individual choice,  some of you sure seem oddly obsessed with my choices.  Strange.... I'll work harder at gaining your weird approval.