Internet Questions

I am confused about the packages offered for our cruise.  We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children.  If I purchase a 4 device package can we all simultaneously  connect?  Does each device have the same login code?  Thanks for any info.

With a 4 device package you will get one code and can log in to four devices at once. You can always log out of one device and onto another if you have more than 4 (say 4 cell phones and a laptop)

Make sure you only purchase it for one person, otherwise you'll buy multiple 4 device packages.

The 4 Device package will be pretty pricey you can get the 2 device package and then share the codes and take turns logging the other person off.  The packages are for simultaneous connections not actual devices and that causes a lot of confusion.

last cruise we had 2 phones, 2 tablets, and iPad and a laptop with the one device package and we just swapped off what we wanted to use. I would give your kids one code to share and keep the other for yourself.  Or keep both codes and make them come to you to log on.

Unless you really don't care about how much your spend I would skip the 4 device package.

The 2 device surf and stream will be much better more than likely, if not save the $4/day/device and just get the kids the surf package.

This is probably a little old and they do offer discounts

• Surf & Stream Voom
    • 1 device: $19.99 per day, per device
    • 2 devices: $18.99 per day, per device
    • 4 devices: $16.99 per day, per device
    • Single Day Pass: $29.99 per day, per device
  • Surf
    • 1 device: $15.99 per day, per device
    • 2 devices: $14.99 per day, per device
    • 4 devices: $12.99 per day, per device
    • Single Day Pass: $22.99 per day, per device

20 minutes ago, fredflint said:

The 4 Device package will be pretty pricey you can get the 2 device package and then share the codes and take turns logging the other person off.  The packages are for simultaneous connections not actual devices and that causes a lot of confusion.

last cruise we had 2 phones, 2 tablets, and iPad and a laptop with the one device package and we just swapped off what we wanted to use. I would give your kids one code to share and keep the other for yourself.  Or keep both codes and make them come to you to log on.

I don't know anything about the OP's kids, but the absolute last thing I would want to do on a vacation is play timekeeper for two kids having to share one internet connection. Plus, depending on their ages, letting each have internet on their own could be great for keeping in contact and making plans; especially for kids 12 or older who are more likely to be allowed to go out on their own. On our family cruise last year we got internet for everybody and set up a group Google Hangout (WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger or other chat apps work too)

3 hours ago, fredflint said:

Unless you really don't care about how much your spend I would skip the 4 device package.

The 2 device surf and stream will be much better more than likely, if not save the $4/day/device and just get the kids the surf package.

This is probably a little old and they do offer discounts

• Surf & Stream Voom
    • 1 device: $19.99 per day, per device
    • 2 devices: $18.99 per day, per device
    • 4 devices: $16.99 per day, per device
    • Single Day Pass: $29.99 per day, per device
  • Surf
    • 1 device: $15.99 per day, per device
    • 2 devices: $14.99 per day, per device
    • 4 devices: $12.99 per day, per device
    • Single Day Pass: $22.99 per day, per device

You only get one code when you buy a 2,3 or 4 device package.  You only get multiple codes if you buy the one device package.  Or sail in a sky or star suite on oasis and quantum class.

Thanks everyone for enlightening me on the internet packages.  I lucked out when I checked the cruise planner and found a nice discount on the package we need with the advice from all your cruise critic posts.   

8 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Interesting, because when the genie gives us our internet code it is a different one for each person.  With 4 people that is 4 separate codes and those can be used on any device regardless.

That is normal for a Sky or Star class suite.  Each person booked in the suite gets their own one-device package.