Ft. Lauderdale Hampton SW12th Ave (SR84)

Plant

Ft. Lauderdale Hampton Airport/Cruise port SW12th Ave (SR84)

Any information about this hotel would be appreciated, especially the closest places to eat (walking with a cane).

Thanks!

There is a McDonald's in the parking lot of the adjacent Best Western. Only 0.1 miles as the crow flies but Our Friend Google Maps pegs it at around a 750 ft walk. The plaza east of the hotel which has several other fast foods plus a couple sit down restaurants (including a sports bar and a Thai place) is estimated as a 0.6 mile walk. 

You are at least the third person inquiring about this property in the past week or so. It must be popping up frequently on the usual discount search engines. Most reports are that it is a more than adequate representative Hampton Inn, with a pretty good included breakfast. 

14 hours ago, Plant said:

Yes, I'd like to hear opinions from people I "know" here.  Is that okay?

Of course it is okay, I was only trying to be helpful.

I counted 8 places to eat within a 10 minute walk of the hotel.

Your'e welcome.

Thank you all.  I originally had booked a Ramada and was told on here that was a bad idea.  We've often stayed at Hampton Inns, I was just going to try something else.  After a bad experience with a 3rd party booking, I always book direct now. I appreciate your help.  By the time I fly most of the day, a McDonalds burger will probably be fine!

We stayed at that hotel in April.  There was a lot of construction & I mean alot of construction in the area.  We walked to Las Omas (?) Blvd and ate at a restaurant called Big City Tavern.  It was delicious.  There is a Cheesecake factory across the street.  It is a long walk.  I recommend a cab.  Hotel staff very nice.  Nice rooms.  Clean.  Also we got pizza delivered when we used the room for dayuse post cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonsmom said:

We stayed at that hotel in April.  There was a lot of construction & I mean alot of construction in the area.  We walked to Las Omas (?) Blvd and ate at a restaurant called Big City Tavern.  It was delicious.  There is a Cheesecake factory across the street.  It is a long walk.  I recommend a cab.  Hotel staff very nice.  Nice rooms.  Clean.  Also we got pizza delivered when we used the room for dayuse post cruise.

Based on the landmarks cited you were at the Hampton Inn Downtown (legal address: 250 N Andrews Ave)

OP will be at the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruiseport (2301 SW 12 Ave)