CoCoCay Myth Buster - Free or Charge for Everything?

24 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I stand by that statement - have yet to see a decent snorkeling place in the Carbbean...must suck big time!🙄

Still remember how exited the guide got in Cozumel - to see ONE pale octopus and a few lame parrot fishes.....🙄

Not my idea of a great snorkel trip!👎

I think what happened was you went on this fabulous trip and the snorkeling was fantastic!!!!...........TO YOU. But  even National Geographic and the Smithsonian don't list anything in the Red Sea as being top notch. Now outside of the Red Sea in the Arabian Sea are much better places to snorkel. Even Buck Island, St. Croix and Ambergris Caye, Belize are listed in the top ten. Australia, Indonesia, Brazil? Yes definitely! Red Sea???? Eh...... Not so much. Sorry for your loss. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yes - that one was just OK but again not easy to access......frankly at this point I am too spoiled to go out of my way to try any spots in the Caribbean...for me Egypt is SO much more fun and relaxing....so doing it on a cruise - jumping through hoops for a not so good experince is a waste of time!👎

Keep hearig about good spots in the Caribbean and when I get there - keep being disappointed...😱

That is why anybody should not expect much in the Caribbean when they have been to REALLY good spots before!👍

Why are you even on this site? Tooting your own horn about gibberish is not a good way to go through life. Good luck.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, brentconn said:

Why are you even on this site? Tooting your own horn about gibberish is not a good way to go through life. Good luck.

Some people are just bitter and try to drag everyone else down.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brentconn said:

Even Buck Island, St. Croix and Ambergris Caye, Belize are listed in the top ten. Australia, Indonesia, Brazil? Yes definitely! Red Sea???? Eh...... Not so much. Sorry for your loss. :classic_cool:

Have you been to all these places?🤔

Brazil better than Red Sea?🤣😂🤣

Australia? Better for snorkeling than the Red Sea......yeah sure....🙄🤣

15 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Some people are realistic and honest - some are biased fan-boys with a wall in their head....🙄

I'm very realistic and honest. Don't have a wall in my head, whatever that means. You have a good night.

• Like 1

Don't forget, we're talking about "snorkeling" NOT "diving". I would imagine there would be a world of difference when speaking about world class diving destinations. Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, come to mind for diving. World class "snorkeling"? I just don't know.  

9 minutes ago, rusty nut said:

Don't forget, we're talking about "snorkeling" NOT "diving". I would imagine there would be a world of difference when speaking about world class diving destinations. Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, come to mind for diving. World class "snorkeling"? I just don't know.  

Exactly!👍

Some of the lists  CLEARLY confuse that! 🙄

Some are just plain wrong!

Key West as the top 10 snorkeling place in the world!🙄😱👎

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

4 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yes some....

St. Kitts?😱Seriously???

Belize.....not great and difficult access!🙄

DomRep another...seriously?🙄

Most if not all others on the lists are not Caribbean....!

But to turn it around....name ONE that you think is great snorkeling in the Carribean - about even to Egypt....🤔🤣

So you haven't been to all of them but you blanketly pass judgment on all of them. Lol Ok then. 

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, time4u2go said:

So you haven't been to all of them but you blanketly pass judgment on all of them. Lol Ok then. 

Indeed - not to mention his making numerous posts that could derail the thread topic. It's not a snorkeling-exclusive thread...but the pineapple is working very hard to turn it into one.

In fact...snorkeling is a smaller fraction aspect of Coco Cay...which is really mostly about sun, fun, pools, water-park activities, beaches, cabanas, and relaxation. All but 2 of those are also free.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, doa70 said:

We just got back and I believe Captain Jack's was an extra charge. The Snack Shack was included. We had food from the Shack and it was very good. This didn't surprise us though since food on the island was great when we were there in January as well. It's just burgers or chicken sandwiches in our case, but it was better than I expected! 

All the food on the Island comes from off the ship. Same burgers,hot dogs chicken, salad that you get in the Windjammer.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:45 PM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Don't expect good snorkeling anywhere in the Caribbean.... 🙄

The best we have found was in Grand Cayman and I would rate that a C+ at best! 👍

Say what??????????????  That's just not right..........we've had exceptional snorkeling in many Caribbean ports.  Bonaire is phenomenal and still considered Caribbean.  CoCo Cay is one of our favorites as well, the only Octopus I ever filmed resides in the rocks in the Sports Cove there!  Not to mention Roatan...again phenomenal!  St Thomas was great as well in both Cokie Beach and over on St. John.  We even had some good stuff on St. Martin which I consider the least of the snorkel spots over at Bay Rouge.  You must not have gotten to the good spots yet...........

Mine Mine Mine.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

On 6/1/2019 at 6:16 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Indeed - not to mention his making numerous posts that could derail the thread topic. It's not a snorkeling-exclusive thread...but the pineapple is working very hard to turn it into one.

In fact...snorkeling is a smaller fraction aspect of Coco Cay...which is really mostly about sun, fun, pools, water-park activities, beaches, cabanas, and relaxation. All but 2 of those are also free.

I couldn't let that slide even for fear of hijacking.

• Like 1

Just now, BecciBoo said:

I couldn't let that slide even for fear of hijacking.

Very good!  I found your post far more informative, and likely so did many other people.

Unfortunately, plenty of threads have been hijacked by that same poster. 

19 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Say what??????????????  That's just not right..........we've had exceptional snorkeling in many Caribbean ports.  Bonaire is phenomenal and still considered Caribbean.  CoCo Cay is one of our favorites as well, the only Octopus I ever filmed resides in the rocks in the Sports Cove there!  Not to mention Roatan...again phenomenal!  St Thomas was great as well in both Cokie Beach and over on St. John.  We even had some good stuff on St. Martin which I consider the least of the snorkel spots over at Bay Rouge.  You must not have gotten to the good spots yet...........

Mine Mine Mine.jpg

That picture is a good snorkeling spot? 😱🙄

Bonaire is amazing clear warm water, I even saw a sea turtle when I visited there many years ago.  Was staying at a B&B and turned out they had a "hotline" to call and report sightings.

There are numerous places where you can scuba just walking out, St Lucia is another spot that is supposed to be really good for snorkeling.

For Cococay here is the map

perfect-day-at-cococay-wayfinding-map.pdf

• Like 1