UK cruisers - new offer incoming?

for those based in the UK I've noticed that pretty much all the cruises I was keeping an eye on for next year (a mixture of Caribbean and Med) have suddenly shot up by £300-500. I wondered if this might suggest a new 'promotion' is incoming (e.g. all inclusive or BOGO). The US prices seem to have remained the same. 

They are also saying this on the Guarantee rooms (which have also gone up in price) ***NOTE THAT GUARANTEED ROOMS ARE EXCLUDED FROM THE EXISTING PROMOTION*** despite there not being a promotion on at the moment! Unless you count 'feet first into 2020' whatever that is...? The current UK departures promotion ends of 31 May too. 

Maybe I'm wrong and they just decided to punish us further... 

Edited by Mark_UK
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bizzie07 said:

The usual RCCL smoke and mirrors!  £1,000 off Balcony and £500 off Interior but they have removed the drink package.

Actually not in this case. There hasn't been drinks packages offered on Caribbean cruises since May last year in the UK. I priced this cruise yesterday and it was 1000 pounds more for exactly the same thing. 

Wendy

1 hour ago, wendyam76 said:

Actually not in this case. There hasn't been drinks packages offered on Caribbean cruises since May last year in the UK. I priced this cruise yesterday and it was 1000 pounds more for exactly the same thing. 

Wendy

On Anthem cruises from the UK the drink package has been removed.

• Like 1

I noticed this! Glad it's not just me as I thought what the bloody hell is going on. 

I was looking into a December cruise and a few days ago the prices were reasonable, then yesterday they'd gone up by a massive amount. 

I'm hoping this means a offer is brewing.... If not, I think I will have to jump ship to P&O as I can't justify the prices RCI are charging. 

To be honest I’d be really surprised if they offered free drinks packages. With them withdrawing Independence of the Seas next year there isn’t the need to. I’ve booked the exact same week for this year - last year included free drinks package and Wi-fi - it’s the same price if I included those a la carte. Considering how poor the exchange rate is I’m booking now! 

3 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Wendy

Result

Edited by icsys

5 hours ago, Bizzie07 said:

The usual RCCL smoke and mirrors!  £1,000 off Balcony and £500 off Interior but they have removed the drink package.

No... actually, this is a genuine saving for once.

EARLYBIRD 2020 Get in early and get up to £1,000 off your cruise fare on selected 2020 sailings.

Just secured an Anthem 8D balcony on deck eight for £519 that's just £1038 total.

Yesterday the same cabin was £2130 ... in the US its $2130 USD (£1700 1 GBP = $1.26)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, icsys said:

No... actually, this is a genuine saving for once.

EARLYBIRD 2020 Get in early and get up to £1,000 off your cruise fare on selected 2020 sailings.

Just secured an Anthem 8D balcony on deck eight for £519 that's just £1038 total.

Yesterday the same cabin was £2130 ... in the US its $2130 USD (£1700 1 GBP = $1.26)

Which sailing was that out of interest? I've seen some good deals on Oasis. 

Mine is for Harmony 11th Oct 2020 - got the £1000 off, Diamond balcony discount, used £171 of Tesco vouchers and prepaid gratuities. £1261 was my total cost for a Central Park Balcony - one with the extra large balcony. Rather save the money (Oceanview balcony was another £500) for unlimited dining! 

Wendy 

41 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Mine is for Harmony 11th Oct 2020 - got the £1000 off, Diamond balcony discount, used £171 of Tesco vouchers and prepaid gratuities. £1261 was my total cost for a Central Park Balcony - one with the extra large balcony. Rather save the money (Oceanview balcony was another £500) for unlimited dining! 

Wendy 

nice price! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bizzie07 said:

I'm definitely not seeing any bargain ....Earlybird does not include drink package.Anthem_Jun_2020_Earlybird.thumb.png.31d0994454d7995327e68b037f36d2c3.pngAnthem_Jun_2020_Earlybird.thumb.png.31d0994454d7995327e68b037f36d2c3.png

ANTHEM_JUN_2020.png

I doubt you will see any bargains next summer as they have filled the ships with people who had booked Independence of the Seas before it was pulled. 

2 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

Which sailing was that out of interest? I've seen some good deals on Oasis. 

29th March 2020 7nt Bahamas.

All Anthem sailings from Southampton in 2020 are ridiculously expensive, even with the earlybird discount.

Sorry to be dumb but do you have to add the "earlybird" code somewhere or are the prices shown on the website with the discount? I've never booked with RCL before, and I'm not sure what the norm is?? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Ack53 said:

Sorry to be dumb but do you have to add the "earlybird" code somewhere or are the prices shown on the website with the discount? I've never booked with RCL before, and I'm not sure what the norm is?? Thanks!

You are not being dumb! When it came to make the booking there was a box for promotion code on the left hand side, just next to Crown and Anchor number - the Tesco voucher code box was to the right. 

1 minute ago, wendyam76 said:

You are not being dumb! When it came to make the booking there was a box for promotion code on the left hand side, just next to Crown and Anchor number - the Tesco voucher code box was to the right. 

Thank you so much! I'll have a look 👍