Hot chocolate

Kar1679

I was going to buy the soda package because it included Hot chocolate for my Alaska Cruise but with the change in packages I am not going to buy a package as I don't drink that much soda for the price increase.  Can some one tell me how much Hot chocolate is on board the Grand.  I don't drink coffee.

Thank you

I’m not sure what the cost is when you order hot chocolate, but just wanted to share what we have done on our Alaska cruises. We always take along a bunch of packets of our favorite hot chocolate mix in a zip lock bag. Then we have our own hot chocolate whenever we want by just ordering a pot of hot water from room service or even in the dining room or buffet. So nice to sit out on the balcony with a nice cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the view. 

• Like 1

At the IC Regular Hot Chocolate $1.50. Large Hot Chocolate in a to go cup $3.00. The hot chocolate is made with steamed milk and chocolate syrup, I always have them put whipping cream on top. It's to much trouble to bring my own Cocoa packets from home.

Randy

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kar1679 said:

I was going to buy the soda package because it included Hot chocolate for my Alaska Cruise but with the change in packages I am not going to buy a package as I don't drink that much soda for the price increase.  Can some one tell me how much Hot chocolate is on board the Grand.  I don't drink coffee.

Thank you

Same here. So I’ve decided to get the coffee package, I really don’t drink the specialty coffees, but my husband does, he can have those and I’ll drink the unlimited teas and hot chocolate.  I was extremely peeved to see the change as the old plan worked well for me. Now I’ll bring some soda on board, something we didn’t do in the past as I felt the plan was reasonable.  I’ll just pay as I go on the mock-tails, I never drank to many anyway. 

The prices quoted above for IC hot chocolate are correct.  We just got off the Grand on May 16.  They were also serving hot chocolate in the buffet.  It was never offered to me but I saw other people drinking it and I heard someone ordering it.  I mentioned it to my husband and he said they had come by the table and offered hot chocolate while I was in the buffet line.  He also saw containers of it at the drink station.  I was still using up stamps on a coffee card I bought in 2012--and we have been on at least 6 Princess cruises since then--so I will probably not ever buy a coffee package with the way it is set up now.  Clearly, I wouldn't get my money's worth. There were several people still using their old style coffee card for free brewed coffee.  I thought that was only allowed on the cruise that you bought the card on.  I guess this is one reason they went to the new package. 

I just got off the Star Princess to Alaska and for a small Hot Chocolate it was $1.50 and for large was $3.00. 

Pro Tip: Ask them to add chocolate drizzle to your hot chocolate. We were in a full suite so we had Club Class breakfast at Sabatini's every morning and they made the BEST hot chocolate on the ship! The only difference was they added more chocolate. It was divine! 

3 hours ago, teese said:

Same here. So I’ve decided to get the coffee package, I really don’t drink the specialty coffees, but my husband does, he can have those and I’ll drink the unlimited teas and hot chocolate.  I was extremely peeved to see the change as the old plan worked well for me. Now I’ll bring some soda on board, something we didn’t do in the past as I felt the plan was reasonable.  I’ll just pay as I go on the mock-tails, I never drank to many anyway.

You do realize that the coffee package is supposed to just be for one person and not both of you, don't you?

Tom

11 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

You do realize that the coffee package is supposed to just be for one person and not both of you, don't you?

Tom

nothing wrong with the way she is doing it as long as she buys it in her name and it is associated with her account

15 specialty drinks can be shared ... brewed and tea ... not so much

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, voljeep said:

nothing wrong with the way she is doing it as long as she buys it in her name and it is associated with her account

15 specialty drinks can be shared ... brewed and tea ... not so much

Yes, you are correct. My error.

Tom

• Thanks 1