Hints and Tips for P&O

Eglesbrech

What are the things that long term cruisers know about P&O that would help newer customers. I’m thinking about P&O specific hints as opposed to generic cruise information.

For example

1.  Someone kindly advised me on here that if you want a good seat at the Limelight cLub then book early, bookings tend to open 12 weeks prior to the cruise.

2. Your mini bar is full on arrival but your steward is happy to empty it for you if you want to use the fridge.

3. You can get the lovely Stilton on non formal nights but only if you ask for it.

So what else?

Off the top of my head:

You can still have a starter, soup course, main, dessert and cheese / biscuits every evening even though the menu doesn't make it clear.  Similarly, you can also have the after dinner port etc but we find you need to ask the wine waiter as they very rarely offer.

If you are freedom dining you can still request a specific area / table but you will have to be prepared to wait until the table / area becomes available.

Speciality restaurants are quite reasonably priced

Like any cruise ship the walls are magnetic so it is useful to take a few magnets to put leaflets etc on the wall - or a good excuse to buy yet more fridge magnets (I have a weakness in that area!)

You have the opportunity to fill in Outstanding Service forms for individuals. Staff receive these and some have told us that they are very much appreciated

Sadly, you can no longer take unlimited bottles of wine on at any port but the 1 litre each of spirits per person is very generous

You will have a kettle in your room and tea / coffee & biscuits will be replenished twice a day

If you need decaf tea the tea bags are available in the buffet, though decaf coffee sachets are put in your cabin

No need to adapters - the sockets are UK 3 pin

Errrrr - not sure about any more now …...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

That reminds me daiB, if you do want more ice cream with your dessert all you need to do is ask and you will probably have it every night after that 😉

Correct but not sure it goes well with the cheese.

😎

• Haha 1

I have a tip.

Despite being told otherwise, if you are not happy with your dining arrangements, ask, they will do all they can to accommodate your request.

Not so sure about changing from club to freedom, but if you are not happy with your table or time, just ask.

We have seen this done successfully many times.

Andy

If you order a bottle of wine at dinner but do not drink it all, the wine waiter will cork it and tag it with your cabin mumber, and give you a receipt. It will be brought to your table the following evening on production of the receipt. Works in Freedom as well as Club dining.

• Like 1