new cruiser - wants advice

tsage

Hi! After years of shameless begging I have finally talked my hubby into a cruise. We are going out of Charleston on the Norwegian Majesty - Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Key West. Any advice? I want to make sure hubby loves it so he will want to do this again! What about formal nights? I want to at least do 1 - will he need a tux? What about shopping in Cozumel - can you get Retin A there?

I am loving these boards and thank everyone in advance for advice.

Hi! After years of shameless begging I have finally talked my hubby into a cruise. We are going out of Charleston on the Norwegian Majesty - Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Key West. Any advice? I want to make sure hubby loves it so he will want to do this again! What about formal nights? I want to at least do 1 - will he need a tux? What about shopping in Cozumel - can you get Retin A there?

I am loving these boards and thank everyone in advance for advice.

The Majesty while a small older ship is my favorite. You will not need a tux for the one optional formal night, a dark suit will do fine, however you CAN rent them ahead of time but through the cruiseline and it will be in your cabin waiting for you.

Swim with the Stingrays in Grand Cayman. It is something that everyone has to experience once in their lifetime! We booked with Nativeways and had a very good time! We cruised in November and were able to tender into Cozumel. It was a little disappointing after reading such great things on these boards, but they were still in early recovery and just weren't ready for tourists yet. I'm sure things will be progressing well by the time you're there.

Congratulations on talking your husband into this - my DH is an introvert and even he is looking forward to cruising again!

So, do you have suggestions for me specific to the Majesty? And what is tendering?

Can't help you with the ship.

Tendering is when the ship anchors off shore and the passengers are brought to the shore either by local boats, or several of the ship's life boats. These boats are called "tenders" as the tender to the needs of the larger ship. So "Tendering" is taking a boat from the ship to the shore and back.

Congratulations on your upcoming 1st cruise.

The beauty of NCL's freestyle cruising is that you are not required to go formal -- resort casual is acceptable all the time. If your DH has a tux and wants to pack it, by all means, let him. Do not run out & buy one just for this. You can rent a tux on board if that helps.

Read all the tips & tricks. My favorites:

1. pack a highlighter so you can identify your activities each day
  2. bring an insulated mug to fill up with ice & "free" beverages from the buffet as you sit by the pool. The little glasses provided will have you hoping up & down too much; it's also not good to drink too much alcohol in the hot sun.

Enjoy.

Archived