Day in Freeport

Lori3015

We had a day at Freeport off of the Norwegian Sun last Saturday.  Honestly in my opinion there is not much to do in Freeport. The port is not very nice.  I do not understand why Norwegian is using this port on occasion.  I did a lot of research to find out many of the resorts that used to do day passes are not open or still damaged from the hurricane.  We did end up at Light house Pointe part of what used to be Grand Lucayan resort.  It was a decent day.  For $22 you get to use their pool, loungers, umbrellas and beach area as well as restrooms. They offered watersports for a fee.  The beach areas was small but maintained and the pool was colder water and the bottom kind of rough.  Loungers and umbrellas were nice. it was sunny with a nice breeze.    We stayed about 4 hours and as the day progressed they filled up.  There is an outside bar/grill area with servers.  It is mediocre food and drinks for resort prices. I did not take any photos as i left my phone on the ship at this port.    The taxi drivers at the port sit around as they are on island time and they wait until you have a full group before they will take anyone anywhere.  There were many taxis there but we had to wait until another one returned before we could leave. $10 round trip to Grand Lucayan Marketplace.   The island is not pretty.  Even the Grand Lucayan Marketplace is not nice.  Many stores are closed and the workers are always calling out to get you to come into their booth or store.  Two bottled sodas and a bag of Doritos at the Oasis in the marketplace was $10.  Overall the day turned out decent and I can say I was there but I don't think I would like to go back.