Harmony balcony closet space

I searched the forum for this, so please forgive me if I missed it.

When looking at the pictures of the Harmony's closet area, it seems to be a lot smaller than the ones on other ships.

We typically hang all of our evening clothes and fill up the closet pretty well.

I guess we are just curious if it is a lot smaller or if the picture just makes it look that way (the part that has the hanging bar - not the shelves).

Thanks!!!

Holly

32 minutes ago, gandh621 said:

I searched the forum for this, so please forgive me if I missed it.

When looking at the pictures of the Harmony's closet area, it seems to be a lot smaller than the ones on other ships.

We typically hang all of our evening clothes and fill up the closet pretty well.

I guess we are just curious if it is a lot smaller or if the picture just makes it look that way (the part that has the hanging bar - not the shelves).

Thanks!!!

Holly

Harmony has two wardrobes instead of one closet.  One of them is for all hanging clothes, can be all full length or there is a bar you can put down to have two shorter hanging areas.  The other wardrobe has shelves, one of which has the safe on it, plus a smaller area for full length hanging clothes.  The wardrobe also has a couple of drawers on the bottom.  We found there was plenty of space for hanging a weeks worth of clothing each.

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Ours were on either side of the couch.

I see, the closet location probably varies based on the location of the bed.    Thank-you.

• Like 1

It may sound silly, but the dual closets sound custom made for me and my wife.  I'm anal about wrinkled clothes and even though I dress very casual I have to hang up t-shirts.  My wife isn't as fussy (and her clothes don't seem to wrinkle like mine somehow) so when we have the traditional closet, she takes almost all the shelves while I hang up everything.  She has stuff to hang up too, of course, so the one request we make when we meet our cabin steward on every cruise is to please find us more hangers.

And yes, we do bring Downy wrinkle releaser which actually works remarkably well but it's not the same thing to me. 

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It may sound silly, but the dual closets sound custom made for me and my wife.  I'm anal about wrinkled clothes and even though I dress very casual I have to hang up t-shirts.  My wife isn't as fussy (and her clothes don't seem to wrinkle like mine somehow) so when we have the traditional closet, she takes almost all the shelves while I hang up everything.  She has stuff to hang up too, of course, so the one request we make when we meet our cabin steward on every cruise is to please find us more hangers.

And yes, we do bring Downy wrinkle releaser which actually works remarkably well but it's not the same thing to me. 

I like the shelves with the smaller hang up section since I can put my full packing cubes on each shelf.  If I need more hanging space, I just take some of my husband's space in the other wardrobe, works for me.  😄 

Wonderful!!! You have no idea how much better I feel now. I thought it would be so weird if they only had one small closet and was not sure where to put all the clothes that required hanging.

All of the pictures I looked up only showed the one with the shelves.

Thank you so much!!!!! Great news! J

Holly

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gandh621 said:

Wonderful!!! You have no idea how much better I feel now. I thought it would be so weird if they only had one small closet and was not sure where to put all the clothes that required hanging.

All of the pictures I looked up only showed the one with the shelves.

Thank you so much!!!!! Great news! J

Holly

I found a review by APDMOM that has pictures of both so you have an idea of what they look like.

38F80C54-5EE3-4F78-8E60-8BEDB87E99F0.thumb.jpeg.ee16cc19f7563380c6ccdc1df8c274f4.jpeg

E1112933-26D8-4157-95CC-2DC996F3EF51.thumb.jpeg.c7daa5eb395e0b3e1c2c0efffa672628.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...