Dawn, disembarking NYC what time? leave cabin what time?

want2go

Appreciate any info on what time options that you can get off Dawn in NYC?  No priority perks unfortunately... and no self carry for us... so routine departure. 
And what time do they require you vacate the cabins?
We are not in a rush.
Thanks for any thoughts you can share! 🙂

You need to be out of your cabin by 8:30am and everyone off the ship by 10-10:30, if everything is on time. The self carry starts first, I think the group after that starts about 8 but not sure exactly. The buffet is open for breakfast usually, grab something to eat, find a nice spot to sit & wait & relax for what little time you have left on the ship 😉 

@want2go

You need to be out of your cabin by 8:30am and everyone off the ship by 10-10:30, 

As "worktocruise610" states they are the latest times BUT please remember that the stewards have a terrible job on turn-round day and help them by getting out as early as you are able.   There are plenty of other places to go, have a slow breakfast and then go to a lounge.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick replies!

Do they give you numbers and then call your number when you can disembark? 
I should have said, we weren't in a rush for a flight, but do have a tour to meet.
Our flight departure isn't until 4pm, but tour is at 9am... so they may give us a late number because that's what we put in the system?

So, self assist will be allotted for the first hour. On the Dawn debarkation flyer a few weeks ago that was listed from 8-9. Lines will begin forming in Bliss lounge, deck 7 around 700-730.

Then you'll have the priority groups * platinum, NCL tours, early flights, etc.

Then they start with color coded luggage tags in 10 minute windows starting maybe around 920. The tags will be available to you at guest services a day or two before the end of the voyage. You choose the color tag for the time you want to debark. The last color tag slot is around 10 if I recall.

Edited by blcruising

If it is a ships tour you will be well looked after to be off in time.   If it is a private tour you may be lucky to be there for 9am.

Make sure you get the luggage colour coded tags for the earliest debark time if you cannot/won't do self assist.

For the Dawn returning to NYC, recently, all guests are asked to vacate their staterooms by 8:30 am and OFF the ship by 10 am.  Keep in mind that it can take another 15+ minutes to get into the luggage hall once off the gangways, and easily another 30+ minutes to go thru CBP inspection after retrieving checked luggage.  Plan your day ahead accordingly ... 

On our very early, early return to NYC - Express were called after 7:35 am and they're still snaking their way into the building after 10:30 am.  

These printed guides were distributed to all by mid-week - click for link. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2662250-semi-live-dawn-canada-new-england-5112019-our-old-favorite/?do=findComment&comment=57484342

Thank you all! So funny feeling like a first time cruiser by changing cruise lines!

mking8288 your pictures were awesome!

I probably need to shift my tour to 10am... and try to get an early tag.  Looks like they let you select what you want... that's pretty cool.

I'm curious about the cruisenext.  Those daily sheets said buy 4 for $1000 and get $500 onboard credit this cruise.  I've heard you can place 2 on another cruise... does that mean use 2 of the 4 and gives you $500 deposit that new booking cruise? do it again for 2nd new booking?  and it's like your $1000 really gives you $1500?

@want2go - Thanks, be sure to checkout seadog67's "live" Dawn review that followed ours ... and there should be another excellent review/blog coming up on the 2nd. sailing this June - via social media.  

CruiseNext is a big chapter by itself and a confusing one for many new to NCL.  In a nutshell, you can usually apply only 1 CN per booking/sailing, unless it is for a balcony or higher for sailings, 4 to 6 months ahead (rules & restrictions sometimes waived/changed) - currently, promo allow 2 CN on all bookings, insides & oceanviews - ran for about 10 days and then extended thru end of May.  It might be kept for a "limited time only" again, who knows except NCL - so by the time you think you wanted to do this, it might not be an option for all NCL sailings.  Of course, it never hurt to check, ask & see if it can be done when you are ready to reserve another NCL cruise. 

The CN team onboard will be running "presentations" and dropping flyers almost daily in all the staterooms, check & talk to them to see what's newest/latest ... you do NOT have to book onboard, do your "homework" since you are coming from another line as their veteran.  One way to explain this is that for 2 or more CN certificate, your net cost is $125 for each CN with a "face value" of $250 each ... as sometimes, it is possible for someone to have almost zero charges (prepaid DSC, etc.) onboard and the OBC credit offered won't do them any good.  Thus, they will charge you $250 only for 2 CN certificates ... or 4 for just $500 (face value of $1,000 in total) if OBC isn't applicable.  Confused, huh - a quick search here on NCL forum will yield a number of earlier threads & discussions.  

Assuming the current offer is still available and say you booked an Oceanview - with CN purchased onboard, upon disembarkation ... you can plan ahead & book and use 2 CN deposits with the face value of $250 x 2 = $500 (net cost @ $125 x 2 = $250) - reducing your final payment amount.  Just keep in mind the typical 120+ deadline w/o penalty to cancel with a full refund (CN used will revert back into your MyNCL account - good for 4 years from date of purchase) or transfer to a new booking (but, you might then - down the road from now - be no longer allowed to use 2 CN deposit, just 1 CN)    Hopefully, this is somewhat clear enough for you and not too confusing.  

Enjoy your upcoming Dawn cruise ! 

mking8288...
my head just exploded!
😳😳😳

never knew it would get this confusing.  I'll soak that in a bit. 
Guess they have all the angles covered as typical with any business.

Thanks for all your work in trying to enlighten me!
😎

• 2 weeks later...

the rest of the story...

we forgot to go by and get luggage tags until we got back from LONG tender line in Newport on Friday 530ish... had to get dark green, purple were all gone... and they said would not be replenished.
on the way to dinner 730ish, walked by cabinets next to shore excursion... and see purple out there!

ship called numbers early... and at 920 they had already called purple and were calling dark green.

very pleased with the ease of debarkation...
very pleased with NCL

thanks to all that replied.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:39 PM, myra711 said:

OP, it's always nice to hear how things went.  I don't often see people follow up on this board, and I appreciate your doing so!

Thank you for being so kind!  Sometimes these boards can be brutal... so I really appreciate your extra kindness! As well as all posting on this question! 🙂