Bringing a guest to Luminae?

winhus

Is this allowed? And if so what is the cost? We are travelling in a RS in September, and my mother in law decided to join us as a solo, in an inside cabin. Can we bring her to Luminae, Michaels etc.?

6 minutes ago, winhus said:

Is this allowed? And if so what is the cost? We are travelling in a RS in September, and my mother in law decided to join us as a solo, in an inside cabin. Can we bring her to Luminae, Michaels etc.?

It mat be allowed, but is really dependent on the staff on each ship, and how crowded they are.

We sailed on an 11 night trip with friends, and they joined us every night in Luminae.  We were charged for the first few nights, but not after that. I think it was $35.00 per person.  They also joined us in Michael's Club/ now Retreat, and we were graciously served. I know there was some extra tip involved, but our friends took care of that, so I can't give any details.  The way we approached it was to say we were traveling together, and, if there was space available, we would be ever so grateful, etc.  They told us at the beginning that they wouldn't always be able to accommodate us, but they managed to each time.  I have heard the exact opposite from others, so hard to guarantee...it may have helped that our friends were also Elite Plus, and MUCH closer to Zenith than we are, and that they'd sailed with the same Captain and Captain's Club hostess, but that's just a guess on my part.

Good luck. They should allow at least once or twice, and with some specialty restaurant reservations, you should be dining together many of the nights.

Andrew

Considering it IS a family member, and you are willing to pay for it, how could Celebrity say no? 

"Can Suite Class guests bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together? Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Luminae with reservation and for a fee. The fee per non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting with the Maitre d’ on embarkation day."
http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Edited by Arubalisa

58 minutes ago, winhus said:

Thanks for the replies, we’ll probably see about getting her in for a few nights and maybe spend a few nights with her in the MDR 

You do have other dining options too.

In a RS you will have unlimited speciality dining so you could either treat your mother in law to a speciality dining package (early Christmas present?) or you could speak to the M’D of one of the speciality restaurants on boarding, explain your predicament and negotiate a package price with them for her.

Another option for one or two nights is to dine in suite. Your butler will serve you MDR options course by course. This is a great option if you have had a really busy port day.

Re Michael’s Club, I also agree about asking if she could join you ‘some of the time’. If Michael’s is likely to be fairly quiet I don’t think there will be an issue. I suggest each time you get an invite to a special event (helipad sail away, meet the officers....) you just quietly ask if your MIL can join you. If you want to do a bridge tour, galley tour....speak to the Michael’s Host early in the cruise and again ask if your MIL can be included.

Your RS set up includes two bottles of spirits, beers, sodas. If your MIL doesn’t have a drinks package you can ask the butler to stock a few of her favourites too. Remember you and your MIL can bring on board two bottles of wine (useful if you do decide to dine in suite).

To ensure both you and your MIL enjoy both time together and time apart it may be worth while joining your roll call for your cruise. There may be some events, activities or excursions she may want to join independently of you. Also worth asking the Michael’s Host if any singles events are being arranged during the cruise. 

Hope you have a fantastic time....