Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Formal Night????

Hi, I saw a past cruise compass for 3-day cruise out of Port Canaveral.  For that particular cruise. There's no Formal Night. The dress code would be called " Dress your Best".  I called Royal Carribean customer service twice to confirm the change. They keep telling me " There would be 1 formal night with a 3 day cruise."  via google: The Cruise Compass on Mariner of the Seas lists a dinner dress suggestion of "Wear Your Best", which is described as "Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Wear Your Best. Get glamorous. Be Chic.

Formal night is what I look forward to when I cruise.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by CruiseforeverSea

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to figure out if there is a "formal" night on our 4 night cruise on the Mariner of the Seas.  I emailed customer service and this was the response:

Typically, on a four-night sailing such as yours, the second evening will be formal, and the dress code for dinner on the remaining evenings will be smart casual. However, the actual number and designation of formal nights is left to the ship’s discretion, so we kindly ask that you consult the daily Cruise Compass guide once you are onboard for information specific to your sailing. If you prefer not to participate in formal night, complimentary casual-dress, buffet-style dining is available nightly in the Windjammer. To help you make your plans, here is a link to more dining dress code information on our website:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/formal-dress-code-guideline

I highlighted the part that made me chuckle.  😄  We kinda need to plan/pack BEFORE boarding the ship.  I'm honestly not worried about it, my Dad was just wondering if he needs to take a suit or not...

Michelle

Hi Michelle

We just got back from the 3 day cruise. On the second night. Instead of "Formal Night" the cruise compass " Dress your Best".  I wear a formal gown anyways. I see some people dress up or down. Some in suits, others in semi attire. Honestly, people seems don't care what you wear on that night. Just wear whatever you felt good and happy in. Hope it helps.

Thank you!  We just returned from our cruise and I definitely got the idea that Royal Caribbean has gotten much more lenient on the dress code, in general.    Many shorts in the dining room and kids still in their swimwear. (Ug!)   It is a bit disappointing as the it was always nice to see people at least put out a little effort in the dining room.  Thank you again for your response!

4 hours ago, mthomas393 said:

Thank you!  We just returned from our cruise and I definitely got the idea that Royal Caribbean has gotten much more lenient on the dress code, in general.    Many shorts in the dining room and kids still in their swimwear. (Ug!)   It is a bit disappointing as the it was always nice to see people at least put out a little effort in the dining room.  Thank you again for your response!

Agree totally that the dress code unfortunately has been all but abandoned. I understand people are on vacation but it really doesn't take much effort (or room in your suitcase) to pack a few nicer clothes for dinner in the main dining room.

• Like 1