Best cruise/travel strollers for 2 kids

TravlnStyle3

We’re headed to Alaska on the Star Princess late this month. We have a 14 month old son and a petite 4 year old daughter and I’m trying to decide what kind of stroller to bring. I read that Princess doesn’t allow a side by side double stroller so that narrows it to an in-line double or singles. We have an uppababy vista but it’s heavy and requires removal of a seat to fold and transport, plus i don’t want to get it all banged up. We also have the summer infant 3D One single stroller.

At home we rarely use the strollers. My 4 year old usually walks alongside us or goes on our shoulders, but i think between the time difference and the excursions she’ll get tired and want to relax or possibly even nap in the stroller sometimes.

whatever we bring needs to work for the airport, ship and excursions.

Here are my considerations:

1) Bring the SI 3D one single stroller and hiking backpack baby carrier (not sure how the little one will like this)

2) Bring the SI 3D one single stroller and a very small, simple umbrella stroller for the 4 year old.

3) Get an inexpensive sit and stand like the baby trend sit and stand ultra. (The older seat has no back so it would really just be for a rest from walking)

4) Get some sort of actual double with two seats - I’m not sure what kind would be good.

What has everyone else used that worked well for your cruise and air travels with 2?

Edited by TravlnStyle3
Addition

The tandem and the sit n' stand have both been great for me in the past.  I took the Graco DuoGlider on many cruises up until my girls were 5, but in your case I'd just find any second hand tandem that handles well.  When one of my girls didn't want to ride, I just used the empty seat for bags, etc.  But it was nice to be able to keep going when both were tired and we didn't have to go back to the ship for naps, etc.  Also, airports and distances on the ship can be long - especially in the evening when everyone is tired and I don't want to carry anyone.  Good to have a place for them to be during what can be long waits as well.  

Go with the lightest option since you will have to move it around from ship to tinder to bus to street quite often. We opt for an umbrella(Joovy Groove) and this stroller board (Lascal BuggyBoard Maxi, Universal Ride-On Stroller Board, Fits More Strollers Than Any Other Board Using The Patented Universal Adapter, Quick Connect and Disconnect, Holds Up To 66 lbs., Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZSP72G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_jS29CbWWT06DR) which fits on 99% of strollers.  We carry the baby if the older one wants to sit. 

Made the mistake of buying a Lillebaby toddler carrier which my kids were not used to. Was hoping to push the 4 year old and carry the baby. Nope. She hated it. Make sure they like it before hauling it around the world. 

So I would choose option 1 but modified.