Looking for the ultimate cruise packing list

Littlegoo75

Hey, I haven't seen one posted for awhile, so I was wondering if somebody that has a link to the ultimate cruise packing list can post it. I am getting ready to pack, and I am the world's worst packer...I pack too many unnecessary items, and always forget something important, so if you can post it, that would be great!!!

Thanks!!!

we just got back from miracle sun. we all packed 8 pairs of socks-unnecessary-we wore flip flops the majority of the time! We brought the power strip and did not use it. We brought along our walkie talkies (did not use), camcorder (we have 2 batteries and I don't think we had to charge), cell phone (charged overnight before we got off board), so plugs were not an issue. The hair dryer is in its own plug, so if you are concerned about dryer plus using something else at the same time, don't be (at least on Glory).

The list is totally ridiculous. I packed ALOT of this stuff and only used a few.

A bungee cord is a MUST if you have a balcony.

Power bar is another thing the women will need for hairdryers, curling irons, straightening irons etc.

As for a over the door shoe rack, we were on the liberty and had PLENTY of counter space to store things.

And don't overpack. We brought 3 suitcases and might have used clothing to fill one or two at the most. :o

The list is totally ridiculous. I packed ALOT of this stuff and only used a few.

A bungee cord is a MUST if you have a balcony.

Power bar is another thing the women will need for hairdryers, curling irons, straightening irons etc.

As for a over the door shoe rack, we were on the liberty and had PLENTY of counter space to store things.

And don't overpack. We brought 3 suitcases and might have used clothing to fill one or two at the most. :o

Please tell me why one would need a power bar. Don't the bathrooms have outlets for say, my curling iron? Please help!

Well, I only saw ONE outlet in the main living area.

With my having 2 straightening irons, a blow dryer, a video camera and digi camera, the one outlet was not enough.

I highly suggest a power bar.

Please tell me why one would need a power bar. Don't the bathrooms have outlets for say, my curling iron? Please help!

Okay here's what I do - cuz I am known for overpacking (as I"m sure many other cruisers are!).

I make a table/spreadsheet - listing days of the week down the side - including whether at sea, name of port/hrs and formal nights as well. Along the top I generally have 3 columns: daytime, evening and accessories (which includes jewellry, shoes, purses, etc). Then I start filling in the blanks - daytimes might be the same altho when in port might be different? (shorts-t/shirt, bathing suit, etc). Evenings I start w/the 2 formal nights - and then go from there. This ensures I have enuf clothes for all 7 days and I try NOT to bring any other items not on the list! (of course I also try to mix and match w/basic black clothing)

Of course I also add on the pagem underneath the table, the must haves: nightie, old t-shirt for use in water if required, socks, underwear, toiletries, meds, makeup, power bar, over door hanger, book, nightlight, travel mug, cruise docs, snorkel gear, etc.

Dh laughs at me - and then asks me to make a 'table' for him too!

Froufie

Archived