Automatic glass doors in Hideaway on Reflection

cheffip

Can anyone who’s been on Reflection recently tell me if the sliding glass doors at the Hideaway on Reflection are working (ie opening and closing)? I had an issue on Silhouette where maintenance chose to keep them in a permanent open position. Added a little noise to our cabin which is near the Hideaway entrance.

17 hours ago, cheffip said:

Can anyone who’s been on Reflection recently tell me if the sliding glass doors at the Hideaway on Reflection are working (ie opening and closing)? I had an issue on Silhouette where maintenance chose to keep them in a permanent open position. Added a little noise to our cabin which is near the Hideaway entrance.

What type of noise? Is that area open to the area below?   We liked the space but there were always children there playing..

The entrances to Hideaway actually have automatic sliding doors that open and shut like a supermarket.

On Silhouette, they were initially locked in the open position but we actually had the maintenance folks get them working again, because we heard a little "people" noise from the Hideaway in our cabin. We've booked a similar cabin on the Reflection because the big balconies on the hump are a nice bonus! Can't get everything I guess!

Hi

Do you mean the Hideaway where the coffee machine is?

I was in cabin 7280 on the hump,10 yards past the lifts and turn the corner into the Hideaway for the coffee machine,,,I saw no sliding glass doors.

Are we sure we are talking about the Hideaway on Deck 7.

Well, it sounds like they have decided to leave them in a locked open position. We were in 7260 and that's where I persuaded maintenance to get them operational again. Jeanie, (or anyone else) did you notice any noise from Hideaway? It is handy to grab a coffee there!

Hi cheffip

Heard no noise,most people in the Hideaway were there to read with a coffee.

And I don't think many people come from higher floors to use it,,,I think it was once called the secret coffee bar.

ps,We did comment to the cabin steward  "no kettle?"he did say he could get one for us if we wanted one,,,we declined being so close to the Hideaway

Us English and our kettles eh!!

Edited by JeanieC,Aston