Norwegian Breakaway v. Carnival Breeze

Gatordad815

Hi all! Please help a Royal Caribbean cruiser choose which of these ships to try out!

We are considering Spring Break options for next March and considering both of these ships. We have sailed Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships 3 times now, and loved our experiences, but I’m not willing to pay what they want for Spring break 2020....

A little about us: family of 4, will stay in a balcony room, kids will be 4 and 6 years old. Daughter has celiac disease so gluten free dining is a must for our family. I’ve read reviews of both Carnival and NCL and both appear able to handle passengers with Celiac well.

Carnival is an Eastern itinerary (Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk). Breakaway is a Western itinerary (Great Stirrup Cay, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel). We would likely hang back and do easy ship days in both San Juan and Falmouth and do beach/pool days at the other ports on both itineraries. New ports for us would be Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Great Stirrup Cay and Grand Cayman, so plenty of new experiences on both itineraries.

From what I’ve seen, the Breakaway seems larger and more upscale with greater variety and more to do, though Breeze also looks like a nice fun ship. Costs are comparable.

I’m interested to hear thoughts and opinions from any of you who have cruised both lines, given our kids’ ages, diets, etc. Which ship is best?  I’ll post in both the Carnival and NCL forum to get thoughts from both groups.

Thank you in advance for any input!

Normally I would say no difference between cruise lines.  But, Carnival was just criminally found to knowingly polluting water.  Who knows....maybe all cruise lines do it, but I probably won't sail a line that admits to criminal waste dumping into the ocean.  So, I would probably recommend another line.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/carnival-ordered-to-pay-dollar20-million-for-dumping-plastic-and-garbage-into-the-ocean-—-cruise-line-tried-to-drown-its-deceit/ar-AACqCVP?ocid=spartanntp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stealthdog said:

Normally I would say no difference between cruise lines.  But, Carnival was just criminally found to knowingly polluting water.  Who knows....maybe all cruise lines do it, but I probably won't sail a line that admits to criminal waste dumping into the ocean.  So, I would probably recommend another line.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/carnival-ordered-to-pay-dollar20-million-for-dumping-plastic-and-garbage-into-the-ocean-—-cruise-line-tried-to-drown-its-deceit/ar-AACqCVP?ocid=spartanntp

If I may ask, why are you bringing up information that has NOTHING to do with Carnival Breeze? In fact, this article encompasses Carnival CORP, not just Carnival. Funny to think that both NCL and CCL were founded by the same person.

9 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

If I may ask, why are you bringing up information that has NOTHING to do with Carnival Breeze? In fact, this article encompasses Carnival CORP, not just Carnival. Funny to think that both NCL and CCL were founded by the same person.

Sure it does.  The Breeze is part of Carnival, which is part of CCL.  I won't give money to a product (CCL), and contribute to the parent's bottom line and stock holding, that has engaged in shady cover-ups and intentional polluting.  I realize the actual polluter in this case was Princess, but CCL leadership was aware of it and even tried to hide it.  So for me, no Princess, Holland, or Carnival sailings until CCL cleans up their act. 

• Like 1