Princess credit/gift cards?

FaithPlus1

Hi,

I normally travel Norwegian because of generous last minute offers for solo travelers, as well as by buying CruiseNext vouchers (similar to Groupon...buy credit to use towards a cruise good for $250, but buy from someone usually between $120-$150), but the cruise I wanted tripled in price.

Princess has the same itinerary on Golden and Royal for less $ and I hear the food is significantly better so I'm thinking of now going with Princess (only cruised Princess once 10 years ago on the Island). 

Does anyone know if Princess has a program similar to Norwegians "Cruise Next" program where I can buy vouchers that gets used towards a deposit or to pay for a future cruise? Looking to bring costs down as much as possible. 

Thanks

Yes, they have Future Cruise Certificates (FCC) but they are only available buy when you are on a cruise, & it is only good for the person purchasing it. They are $100 & they offer on board credit - different amounts depending on the length of the cruise & category of room. The good part of Princess FCCs is that they are refundable if you don't use them in 2 years opposed to NCL being non refundable.

24 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Yes, they have Future Cruise Certificates (FCC) but they are only available buy when you are on a cruise, & it is only good for the person purchasing it. They are $100 & they offer on board credit - different amounts depending on the length of the cruise & category of room. The good part of Princess FCCs is that they are refundable if you don't use them in 2 years opposed to NCL being non refundable.

Couldn't someone just use the credit to book the cruise for someone else?