Insurance, oops I goofed

Okay, so I missed the window to purchase independent insurance within the small window they allow after purchasing, so I was going to make sure I purchased it before final payment... guess what, that was due today!

Do I have any options remaining for purchasing insurance?

I am not sure that I understand the deadlines completely. I would recommend talking to your travel agent. I believe you should still be able to purchase the insurance that would cover trip interruption or medical emergencies, you just may have a problem if there is a pre-existing condition.

I believe you can purchase it after final payment. Breathe deeply, relax! Since there are no prior conditions, you will be fine. If there are prior conditions, you could always cancel, re-book and then get the insurance.

If you use CSA (csatravelprotection.com) they allow this:

Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion Waiver Is waived provided you meet all of the following requirements:

1. the payment for the plan is received prior to or within 24-Hours of the final trip payment date; and
  2. you are not disabled from travel at the time you make your plan payment; and
  3. the booking for the Covered Trip must be the first and only booking for this travel period and destination.

Okay, so I missed the window to purchase independent insurance within the small window they allow after purchasing, so I was going to make sure I purchased it before final payment... guess what, that was due today!

Do I have any options remaining for purchasing insurance?

All of the major third-party insurers will let you buy a policy up until the day prior to your departure from home. However, if you need coverage for pre-existing medical conditions the only plans still open to you are from CSA. The Comfort, Luxe, and Freestyle Luxe all cover pre-existing conditions if purchased no later than 24 hours after making the final payment on your trip.

I agree with Diane - check out insuremytrip . com. I purchased insurance after final pmt on our previous cruise, and actually needed to collect on it (lost/stolen camera), and had no problems. This cruise I purchased it just before final pmt was due.

We were able to purchase our insurance at the same time as making the final payment. The on-line invoice showed our balance and what the insurance would be if we chose it. Just checked that we wanted to include it and it was added to the final cost.

FYI: Some policies protect you against pre-existing as long as no issues pop up for 180 days after purchasing the insurance. This would only come into play if you didn't buy it within so many days from the initial deposit. Read the fine print. Know OP is going much sooner so that does not help in their situation but thought the info might help others.

I agree, check out insuremytrip and see what you can get at this point.

BonVoyage

Dawna

FYI: Some policies protect you against pre-existing as long as no issues pop up for 180 days after purchasing the insurance.

Dawna

Actually, that's not correct. The time frame for determining is a medical condition is pre-existing or not is the 180 days (depending on the plan could be as low as 60 days) PRIOR to purchasing the insurance, not after purchase.

Archived