Hotels in Port of Miami

jbyrd72

Hello Everyone!!! My family is planning on taking the NOS in June 2006. We want to arrive on Friday night and stay at a close hotel to the port. Can anyone give us some info on nice but inexpensive hotels in that area to stay at. Also wanting to know if by staying there and getting to the port early is it easier to get on board quicker? Thanks for the info.

There are a number of downtown hotels that offer great views of the ships in port. The Radisson, Holiday Inn, Hyatt etc. A lot of people use Priceline or other "bidding" sites for hotel bookings. On the forum index page, scroll down a couple of sections to Pre and Post cruise Hotels (I'd give you the link if I wasn't so tech. challenged) there is lots of good info there.

The morning of your cruise head to the port around 10:30-11:00, if all goes well you will be on the ship before noon.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, and it worked out great. I requested a room up high facing the port and was able to watch the NOS come into port around 5 a.m. It was a wonderful way to start the cruise day off. Plus, it's right across the street from Bayside, which has lots of decent places to eat. The room was about $115.00 after taxes. We got to the port by 11:00 am, and ended waiting until about 130-200 pm before being allowed to board. I've heard others being able to get on earlier, but customs will sometimes come in and mess things up. So I think it's hit or miss whether you'll be able to board early or not. I personally will wait til about 12:30 or 1:00 because that was a long time for my kids to sit and wait.

Sailor 05 Did you use a cab from MIA to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier? We are thinking about staying there in Dec. If you used a cab how much does it cost? Is it a flat rate? Thanks for any information you can give me. Judi :)

We're on EOS leaving 3/12 - and I booked us at the Radisson for the night before. The pictures show that it's right on the water...and it's a beautiful hotel. I bid $100 for this normally $250 room...and it was accepted!

We are on the Freedom in October and booked our hotel rooms through Priceline. Got Hyatt Regency Downtown for $115. Best rate I could get on their website for the same date was a senior rate of $172. Lowest regular (not rack) rate was well over $200 per night. We have stayed at the Hyatt in the past and were well satisfied with the hotel and its location. We have also stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay ($40 a night through Priceline, a few years ago. Marriott has better views of the ships and the terminals, but Hyatt will be fine for us this time.

Archived