Camp Carnival Capacity-Breeze Spring Break?

Gatordad815

Hi all! We are looking at Breeze for Spring Break 2020 and will have a 4 and 6 year old with us. Can anyone comment on whether it’s common for Camp Carnival to reach capacity on sailings that have an above average number of kids? I’m most interested in the evening sessions as that’s when our kids tend to go on past RC cruises. We are used to RC where they’ll pick up the kids in the dining room at the end of dinner.

We will schedule early Dinner in the Main Dining Room, but realistically the kids club will have been open for at least 30 minutes before we get the kids up there. I know some kids will eat with the Camp Ocean staff and others will have quicker buffet meals, but our daughter has Celiac and must eat strictly gluten free, so the Main Dining room is really the best option for us. That, plus we enjoy the family time!

Any comments on past experience and any tips on how to avoid being turned away from a full kids club would be greatly appreciated-thanks!

Hi there...we've cruised with our kids a lot.  Each of them has been on about 15 or 16 cruises - all Carnival.  They are currently ages 15, 14, and 8, but have been cruising over the past 6 years.    In all of those cruises, I've never been turned away from the kids club for any reason! I can't guarantee it never happens, but I've never seen it happen, and we've sailed during spring break quite a bit.

I did want to point out that your kids will be in separate age groups (2 - 5 and 6 - 8), and they are not likely to let one move up or the other move down, since both groups will be pretty full.

I'm sure your kids will love it.  They'll give you detailed schedules when you visit camp on the first day, so you can make sure your kids will like the activities before you drop them off.   

Have fun!!!

• Like 1

I've never seen it at capacity but I would recommend registering your kids online asap.  Then when you get on the ship check the funtimes to see when they are open the first day for registration and go get the schedule and they will double check they have all the correct info.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Domergirl said:

In all of those cruises, I've never been turned away from the kids club for any reason! I can't guarantee it never happens, but I've never seen it happen, and we've sailed during spring break quite a bit.

Wow that’s encouraging! We went on Allure this past year for spring break and even though we never were turned away, they did reach capacity a few times. The kids would be so disappointed to be turned away so it’s good to know it appears not to be a common occurrence on Carnival. Thanks!

Camp Carnival is staffed based off of sailings and they know exactly how many kids could possibly be in each age group, as everyone is on the manifest, with ages listed.  They will move camp counselors around (for example: from Circle C to Camp Ocean) to accommodate the difference.  

My kids are both platinum with Carnival and have never been turned away in 20 sailings with them. We sail every year during spring break and they have never been refused entrance to kids club. They know how many kids will be sailing so they will have enough staff to cover the needs.