Star class cruisers to Labadee

For the folks who have sailed Star Class previously to Labadee.

Background:

We want to get over water cabanas at bare foot beach.  I was told these book fast.  When I made the reservation originally I did it through Next Cruise and I had my Genie hook me up with the excursion desk to try and reserve one early.  This didn't work and I was told I had to wait to make that reservation.

So 50 days out...I'm chomping at the bit.  I know I won't get an email from the Genie until about 30 days out to start setting things up. 

My concern is obviously there is some reservation channel I don't know about and when it comes to booking, I'm going to find out no over water cabanas left.

Question

When you sailed into Labadee as Star Class where you able to get an over water if you wanted one?

We were star class last October. Star class gets first dibs on barefoot beach cabanas and then the rest of the suites can book them. When you hear from your genie about a month out just specifically tell them what kind of cabana you want and you should have no problem getting what you want. I even requested a specific one and I got it. 

W1 or W6?  😉

Which one has stairs right down to the water?  I've seen some where it looks like you have to walk the pier back from the cabana to the beach to get into the water.  Where's the bar at?  Where's the buffet at?  They don't make it clear

barefoot-beach-cabana-map.jpg

Edited by dodgestang

This clears up where lunch is and helped me a bit in the last few minutes to better understand the layout...we've been to CocoCay twice so this is definitely different 😉  Looks like 6 has a view of the ship but 1, 2 has the easier stair into the water

Edited by dodgestang

When we were Star Class the genie contacted us and gave us the option of booking a cabana and we told him which one we wanted.  He took care of everything for us.  Who ever said it was correct, Star Class gets first shot but know which one you want when your genie contacts you because they go fast and you have a short period of time to let the genie know which one.  I think we had only a day or two and then it would go to the other suites to book.

I'll echo what others have said. When your genie contacts you, get right back to them with the specific cabana you want. We wanted B2. Requested it by responding to the genie's e-mail. We got the one we wanted. 

mac_tlc

So hard to tell from Videos and photos....which over water are best for traveling with a 12 and 8 who will be in the water alot....I'm thinking it is #4 or #5 at this point since those 'appear' to be the easiest to sit in and watch your kids while they are in the sandy beach areas of the water.  Anyone who has been there care to weigh in?

14 minutes ago, CruisingHusker said:

W6 is my personal favorite. It seems to be more private and I love the view of the ship. 

How do you get into the water from 6?  It step and ladder right?  What's the depth?  I'm trying to figure out what's best for my kids....I don't want to book a Cabana and then have to sit on the beach all day anyway 😉

13 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

How do you get into the water from 6?  It step and ladder right?  What's the depth?  I'm trying to figure out what's best for my kids....I don't want to book a Cabana and then have to sit on the beach all day anyway 😉

There is a metal ladder between the 2 cabanas. Not the most comfortable but just take your time. The depth is probably 3-4 feet. You might want to consider one of the beach cabanas that are right in front of the water if it is a concern. If your kids are pretty young that might be a better option. I have teenagers so they are self sufficient, mostly. LOL

*sorry! Just noticed the post with the ages of your kids

Edited by CruisingHusker
Missed information

Cool...I think we will end up requesting #5....not quite as private as #6 but the kids can get into the water where it is deep or walk in from the sand and we will be able to see them from the cabana without much fuss.  They are both avid swimmers and snorkel so not really 'worried' anymore than a typical parents always does.

Edited by dodgestang

17 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Cool...I think we will end up requesting #5....not quite as private as #6 but the kids can get into the water where it is deep or walk in from the sand and we will be able to see them from the cabana without much fuss.  They are both avid swimmers and snorkel so not really 'worried' anymore than a typical parents always does.

We have had #5 in the past as well and it does have easier access to the beach. I’m sure you’ll love whatever you end up with!!