Salmon Sportfishing - Ketchikan--Cook My Catch?

scsagh

Wondered if anyone on here has done the Princess excursion Salmon Sportfishing Expedition in Ketchikan? We wondered how often salmon is actually caught? Has anyone taken advantage of the Princess Cook My Catch program and had their fish cooked onboard? Wondered what the preparation choices are?

Great questions. I wonder if Celebrity will cook our catch. Alaska Department of Fish and Game has opened Ketchikan Creek to king salmon (harvest) fishing this year and the surrounding bays too. Bag limit is one per day in bays and 2 in the creek. (Check local tackle stores for updates.)

We were on a cruise tour with a grandmother and her two college-age grandsons. The boys did the fishing in Ketchikan. Their table in the dining room was right beside ours, so they were kind enough to share their fish with us and the couple at our table as well. Here's a photo. Each fish was probably four or five pounds. They were served with roasted vegetables.

2012 Sapphire Princess (324).jpg

• Like 1